Sunday, March 02, 2008

 

Day 742 - Hoooooowwww-Deeeee!

Greetings, Blogregation!

We're leaving soon to go swim, but I'll just say hello and tell you that we went on an outing with our friends TY and SY yesterday. We had a really fun day!

Highlights - we went out for lunch at a catfish place called 'The Rusty Fish Hook' in Linden, TN. We all had grilled catfish smothered in grilled tomatoes, onions and peppers, and side items of coleslaw, white beans and hush puppies.

You won't believe where we ended up!

We had a flyer about 'Grinders Switch Winery' - which we visited.

If you think you've heard of 'Grinders Switch' before - it's because Grinders Switch is the home town of Minnie Pearl (Sarah Cannon) of the Grand Ole Opry, who used to tell a lot of stories about folks in Grinders Switch in her performances.

http://www.grindersswitch.com/

It's the first winery I've been to that looks like a log cabin! Here is their website.

http://www.gswinery.com/

We bought a couple bottles of their wine named 'Pearl', in honor of Minnie.

One funny note - on a piece of literature where it talked about whether the wines needed to be aged further or not, one said 'This wine can be drank now, but the port should be....'

OUCH! Nothing like a little fractured English with your wine!

Gotta go swim!! TTFN!

Comments:
Fun day! I love the 'wine can be drank now'...too funny. Not much doing here this Sunday. Just relaxing with the paper. This will be my last quiet weekend ever in my life...haha!
xoxoxo
 
Heather, you are SOOOO funny. You're also CORRECT! Love you! xxx
 
Just saying Hi to all of you Sunday bloggers! Heather, how true about your last quiet weekend! Remember the baby will have nap time. That's when you want to nap too, but there are a million things to do! We'll be sending love and prayers your way on Wed. Good luck! Karen, always enjoy hearing about your trips and what you eat, and what you observe of the local culture!
 
Karen, I say this everytime but I love catfish, I'm sure it tastes better in Tennessee than here.

Aren't you dying to know what the "comment deleted" was on yesterday's blog??

I was sick yesterday so watched two movies on TV: 100 Rifles (nostalgic as Eric and I watched westerns on Saturday morning)--a young Burt Reynolds and Jim Brown and a lot of very good looking "Yaqui Indians," and Second Hand Lions, old Robert Duvall, Michael Caine and the kid in the Sixth Sense--a wonderful movie. Also about 2 hours of CNN politics--aarrgghh! I'll be ready for the primaries to be OVER.
 
Nancy,
The comment deleted was a duplicate post from Grammy's comment. It went on twice so Mom took the 2nd off...nothing juicy, sorry!! ;)
 
I'm STILL cleaning my basement. So many bags of trash to go out tomorrow. My rule: when in doubt, throw it out. I can't stand accumulating useless or impractical STUFF. OUT! Getting the jump on Spring cleaning.

Everything will be so swell for Karen and Gram to come and visit to see Heather's little baby. Don't worry I'm not putting you in the basement.
 
By the way, I'm sure I've fractured plenty of English with wine, more with beer and put me with whisky and there would be no sudden improvement. Thankfully it is only English I've fractured - oh wait, there was my toe. Well, let bygones be bygones.
 
Hi Nancy - Heather is correct, my mother's comment posted twice yesterday, so I got rid of one of them. No biggie. ;-)
 
Thanks, Karen. I didn't know how to delete the duplicate message!
 
Well, I've corrected the fractured part of the wine list. Now the wine maker isn't the only "drunk" around here. :-)

Joey
Grinder's Switch Winery
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?