Friday, February 29, 2008

 

Day 740 - It's Feb 29th! Happy Leap-age!

Greetings, Bloggy Fifth February Fridayers!

Well, it's Leap Day. Whoa. Don't celebrate too hard.

I hear that McDonalds is giving away food (a McSkillet Burrito) this morning if you buy a medium or large drink. It will be MOBBED!

Side complaint - have you noticed that drive-thru's seem to be designed to handle the FEWEST customers, and aren't designed for the breakfast and lunch drive thru FLOOD? Grrrr....

At least it's a FRIDAY! Friday, lovely Friday.

You know what to do - Leap in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!' You might get out of breath, but it IS Leap Day so you might as well LIVE IT.

Want to know more about WHY we need a 'Leap-age' now and then?

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/leapyear.html

Hey - speaking of time and date matters - did you realize that Daylight Savings Time is going to begin this year on MARCH the 9th??? It's almost here! Get ready to act like it's summer, even when it's freezing outside.

I'd better start looking at BBQ smokers for the patio this year...

Hey! It's late - gotta go! Have a great Friday and a great Leap Day and a great weekend!

Comments:
Here's a mcskillet BEAN burrito joke before I lay me down to sleep...(worked the night shift):

Two guys are were having coffee together after church, and one said to his friend, "I like the new pastor, but his sermon went on for so long, my rear-end fell asleep"...to which his friend replied, "I know, I could hear it snoring!"
 
Lyn, that's great--needed a laugh this morning, because I'm sick AND my car was stolen (I park on the street). It was stolen a few years ago and the officer who took the report hinted that I might have FORGOTTEN where I parked it. They found it three blocks away, but with many parking tickets on it (forgiven, but after much time and letter writing). Who wants a 1990 Honda Accord anyway, except me? A big pain. I don't use it very often, fortunately!
 
Hi everyone! happy leap-age! No baby for leap year...still nothing going on (saw the doc today) The plan is to wait until Wednesday, then induce that night, deliver on Thursday if nothing happens on its own before hand...Yay! So that's that...happy friday!
 
The Mcskillet burrito reminds me that when the Red Sox won the World Series, you could get a free taco at Taco Bell on a Tues. When I stopped for mine close to the cut-off time (5pm, I believe), they had served a few hundred people in this little town/area! A few big hulking guys were in line with me (Gil was at Bingo). Great bean burrito joke, Lyn! Nancy, you're never sick, and how upsetting to have your car stolen! Maybe it's just misplaced! Have a great weekend everyone, and Heather hoping you'll get some serious contractions before Wed!
 
That is what I call adding insult to injury, Nancy, but I guess our trusted boys in blue are good for that, sahcastic basstids.

It really feels BAD to have your car stolen. I had my car stolen in Boston, across the street from the Capitol Police station on Beacon Hill, while at a concert at the Orpheum. Fun. Had to take a bus home. Later it was found stripped in Winchester.
Sorry you are sick.

Gee whiz, Heather! That is some news!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?