Thursday, February 28, 2008

 

Day 739 - Eeek - a mouse!

Greetings, Bloggy Thirstin' for Thursday-ers!

I forgot to tell this story from Monday...

Remember when I worked all weekend a few weeks ago? I had said I owed one of the DBA's lunch out sometime. Turns out he just likes sub sandwiches from Blimpies, so on Monday I asked what he wanted, and stopped there to get his sandwich. (I got him a cookie too, by the way).

When I left the building and was walking across the parking lot - I saw something scuttle across the parking lot out of the corner of my eye!

I thought 'Eeeeek! A Mouse!' - until I got a better look. Two MEN (not kids) were out in the parking lot playing with a little remote controlled car! I called over to them 'You're lucky I didn't scream just now - I thought that was a mouse!' They laughed, and I shook my head about adults 'playing' in the parking lot at lunchtime.

The guy probably swiped his son's car to play with while the kid was at school...

Changing subjects -

It is a bitter cold 16 degrees at the moment, but we are headed for a warm up to the high 40's. Sunday is supposed to be in the low 60's - now you're talkin'.

Mother Nature sure has mood swings, doesn't she?

Gotta go - have a nice Thursday and TTFN!

Comments:
Good Morning Sista,

Steve and I sometimes see grown men with or without kids with remote toys -trucks or cars- in the parking lot at walmart. I just thought it was sort of a walmart parking lot thing to do. Massive parking lot, ya know?
I don't know if the fun of certain toys ever wears off. I'm glad when I see people of any age having fun even if it is sorta dumb fun. At least it's outside and they're joking around, not getting into trouble (maybe!)
In other words, this is something I would do, right?
 
I would too, Lyn! I always buy remote control stuff for people's children so I can play with them...One of the coolest toys ever!
We're supposed to get light snow today, but I haven't seen any. Pretty cold, though!
Today is my due date and, alas, I am still ginormously prego. Bummer. ;)
 
Heather, I thought your due date was March 7--maybe it will be! Cute story, Karen, about the remote control mouse, err car, and Heather and Lyn's commentary. Myself I especially like the little wind-up cars! A friend, Joyce, just surprised me with a rose bowl from the American Legion Auxiliary, as a get-well gesture, having had my cataract surgery earlier today. It's very very nice! And the surgery was successful and now I have the luxury of resting for the remainder of the day and eve.
 
Heather, you gotta wait until March -- no leap year baby!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?