Wednesday, February 27, 2008

 

Day 738 - Wednesday and SNOW!

Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers!

Most of the schools in the STATE are closed this morning due to a light snow. We have about a half an inch of snow, but evidently there are icy patches underneath it here and there. The news is reporting half a dozen accidents on the highways already. A little more snow is expected before noon.

I think I'd better check my CRV's manual and read about the 4-wheel drive. I think it just happens automatically (automagically), but I'd better check.

Charlie woke up in the middle of the night, said 'that's pretty funny', and went back to sleep. THAT was pretty funny.

Did I tell you about our Christmas tree at work? It's just a small, three foot desktop variety, but we enjoyed having it in our little cube area.

We removed the ornaments after the holidays and changed them to hearts for a Valentine tree. After Valentines day was over, a team member brought in Easter Egg ornaments and we now have an Easter tree.

I guess it's going to be my turn after Easter to do a spring tree or a Memorial Day/Patriotic tree.

Hey! Another team member comes back from maternity leave on Monday. She logged onto her computer from home and had NINE HUNDRED EMAILS to deal with. I hope she just deleted most of them without trying to read them.

Gotta go read that manual! TTFN and have a nice day!

Comments:
I think we're getting a bit of snow today too. Doesn't seem to be doing much of anything at the moment, though. I like that Charlie is hearing funny stuff while he's sleeping...that's cute!!
I hope I don't go back to 900 of anything after the baby! UGH!!!!!
 
As I always like to say, it's in the 60's and sunny in SF. Don't worry when I return to Maine I will suffer in the snow and ice too. It's 70 in San Diego where Eric lives, which is the reason I don't think I'll ever be able to persuade him to move to Maine.
 
Hello Sister Karen,
I know this is off topic but I know you like grapefruit...red ones anyway. I was given a pink grapefruit that had come from Fla. with a friend of Christopher, so I made an awesome fruit sald which sits before me at this moment:
A pretty old fashioned white china plate with strawberries, oranges, cantaloupe, bananas and walnuts, and the grapefruit - must have taken me 45 minutes to prepare. Plain yougurt on the side with honey and vanilla mixed into it for dipping the fruit.
And now I'm not hungry!!

I'll eat some anyway, 'cause I'm going down to clean and organize my storage room in the basement. These dismal gray days are made for such activities.
 
I'm checking in way too late! I'll make one comment about 900 emails. A few yrs ago, I asked niece Darlene if she had received a picture sent to her by email (I don't know how to do this so Heather must have done it for me), and she said she had something like 1,500 emails and deleted all of them! Wow!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?