Tuesday, February 26, 2008

 

Day 737 - Leaping into Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Twofer Tuesdayers!

It is 53 degrees at 5:50am, and temps are going to fall through the 30's this afternoon, with possible rain and snow. Yuck.

Good news - I've made my 'first pass' through my income taxes! I still need to double check everything, copy the numbers over to the 'mail-in copy', get all the paperwork attached, Xerox it, and send it in. Yay! I got to add in my sales taxes on my new CRV this year, wooo hooo!

Changing subjects - I have velvet pants on today - I don't know why I don't wear velvet more often, it's really soft! I have black ones and purple ones and teal ones and gaucho ones, all from the 'GW Boutique' (that means Goodwill). Maybe I'll wear velvet TWICE this week...

Changing subjects again - can someone please get drug ads taken back off the air?

We saw three consecutive drug ads on television the other day! I am so sick of all these 'diseases' (that handily have initials or nicknames so you can remember them) they have invented to get you to go to your doctor and get prescriptions. Brainwashed, brainwashed, brainwashed.

Also - all the side effects sometimes sound worse than the condition! I'm making this up, but one goes something like - 'Relieve your depression!' 'Side effects include weight gain, trouble sleeping, constipation, and nausea.' Good grief! Some of them even say the side effects could be FATAL for some people. Hello!!!

Hey - just noticed the time, so I'd better go.

Don't do drugs.

TTFN!

Comments:
hahaha! Yes, drug ads are awful and the side effects listed on all of them are usually worse than the ailment. They can be slightly amusing at times, though. Going to be rainy and yucky today. I'm running out the door (well, waddling...) to do some quick errands before the wet comes. Enjoy your velvet pants and your tuesday! ;)
xoxoxo
 
Ohhh yeah, just worked 4 shifts in 3 days...Sat, Sun, Mon, then back Monday night for overnight. If you ever wonder where I go, it is merely to share/relieve the misery that is "out there" for a just a while. Oh my, you don't even want to know. Take my advice and don't lose your mind.

Now about those ads you mention, you just HAVE to hear Chris Rock's routine on drug ads. Do you have HBO or Comedy Central? They play it now and then. I laugh out loud.

Pharmaceutical companies will have us all convinced we are SICK, sicker than we know. And our sicknesses are making our families sick. And their sicknesses are in our hands so we better get them on those expensive medications. The fact is my patients for the most part have to BUY their pills - WHY? God knows Medicare "D" is for Discouraged.
I just gave our team a little lecture on their prescribing practices. These poor people believe they will die without their meds, they can't afford them, so no wonder they get depressed.
 
Drug ads surely hit a nerve with most of us. And there are side effects for every drug apparently. I know when I was recommended to take an estrogen blocker, following my breast cancer treatment, I could only take it for 8 mos due to the difficult side effects (my doctor recommended that I go off the drug). What I want to say about this is one of the statements in the list of side effects was, "This drug can cause harm"! I know someone who has taken this same drug without the side effects I had, so everyone is different. Oh, you'll be surprised to hear that it is snowing again, most likely we'll get 6" or more!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?