Saturday, February 23, 2008

 

Day 734 - Out of the mouths of 5-year-olds

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

I've decided to go to 10am water aerobics so I could stay in BED a little longer this morning (for a change). No, we didn't party all night if that is what you're thinking.

We met Buddy Joe at the Irish Pub last night and stayed till about 8:30pm (whoa, big night out).

We had dinner - Joe had beer-cheese soup in a bread bowl, Charlie had an Irish sampler dinner with potatoes and cabbage, shepherds pie, beef 'n guinness, and Irish Stew, and I had the open faced prime rib on texas toast with mashed potatoes.

I have vacuum sealed and frozen all the bagels Joe brought to us except for one of the cheese ones (I ate that one last night around 9pm when I got home).

Funny story from the health club yesterday:

After my swim, I usually go in to the hot tub in the women's locker room for a minute to warm up.

I normally dislike it when there are kids in there. (My feeling is they don't belong in a hot tub, it's not a kiddie pool). Yesterday there was a really cute 5 year old and her older sister 'hanging out'.

The five year old decided she was going to interrogate me with questions and comments:

I'm sure there were more, but those are the best ones I remember. It was pretty funny and I finally just had to walk away because I needed to go!

TTFN and watch out for those curious 5-year-olds!


Comments:
Very cute questions from that little kid!! Funny. Sounds like you all had a nice dinner! We ordered Papa Gino's (I didn't have pizza this time)and went to bed early. Yucky snowy day, and today isn't much better. We're going to Janet's later for pizza...another bday dinner! Fun.
Have a good NON-WORKING weekend!!! xoxo
 
Karen, hope your weekend continues to be a non-working one! Cute interview by the 5 yr old! Yummm, cheese bagels--have to try those! We're leaving soon for Morgan's Western Maine girls basketball play-off game in Portland. Sure hope Lake Regions wins! Morgan is the tallest membet of her team and spends a lot of time under the basket blocking shots and getting rebounds--and getting points as well--8 her last game. Stay well, Heather!
 
Hi Karen, that little girl reminds me of the kids in my class at the Lighthouse School, I have a music class with 18 children who are 5 years old, one with 6 and 7 year olds (about 10 children), and then one with 4th and 5th graders (about 10 children). One little boy wrote me a "Sorry Marcia" note after I sent him out of the room for being so noisy and active (he's extremely noisy and active and I couldn't stand it anymore), and his note came back unreadable. I said, "What did you write", and he said, "Sorry for being a maniac!". They're all very sweetly smart and basically uncontrollable.
 
I love that, Marcia! Sorry for being a maniac...perfect!
 
Marcia, I had no idea you had so many children in your Lighthouse School classes. God bless you! We can all say that at times "Sorry for being a maniac"! Oh, and Morgan's team won the Class B Girls basketball championship for Western Maine 37-33. I'll write that again tomorrow as probably most people aren't reading the blog this late in the eve--8:15 isn't late for some people, but I'm tired tonight!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?