Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

Day 731 - Happy Birthday to Heather!


Greetings, Bloggy Birthday Celebrants!

Happy Birthday, Heather!

Let's all sing:

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Heather,
Happy Birthday to you!

If you type it and don't sing it, do you owe a royalty on it?

It's Heather's turn for a birthday, and I found a wonderful Chocolate Cheesecake photo online for her.

Now THAT is awesome looking, and Yes, I ate that missing part. Sorry about that... I never used to like cheesecake as a kid, but it's grown on me (in various places) over the years.

Special birthday week happenings:

There's a full moon (Hi Moon!) which I love to see.

Also, during my drive into work yesterday (which is 30 minutes Lyn!) it was snowing but not sticking, which I also like.

AND... during the snow flurries yesterday morning I spotted for the very first time in 2008 that the daffodils have opened here in the South! Charlie saw some too yesterday, so we have confirmation from two spotters.

It's official - time to take down the Winter wreaths and put up spring ones!

Happy Birthday Heather!

Have a wonderful day, and it's gonna be a great year!

Hey - by the way - it is also the second anniversary of my layoff, meaning birthday #2 for the blog! Wow! Time flies!

Comments:
I must have drooled for 5 straight minutes over that chocolate cheesecake picture. Now I need to go hunt down some cheesecake...somewhere!! Thank you Mamma! I'll be having Pizza (or something like that) with Dad and Evan this afternoon, and tonight I'll be hanging with Mike...hopefully at home and not in the hospital! ;)
xoxoxo
 
Oh, and happy bday blog!...well, kind of...It's your layoff anniversary and the real blog bday isnt for a few more days....we'll celebrate again then. haha!
 
Happy Birthday, Heather! You bring many wonderful years of memories for me, (a very adoring grandmother!) including the day you were born (yes, I was out in the waiting room)! Sounds like you have a great day planned with your Dad, Evan, and Mike. Enjoy! Hope you find that chocolate cheesecake! Karen, speaking of daffodils--I just bought a bunch this morning at the florist, so I have daffodils opening inside the house, instead of outside. I think it will take until Spring for this snow to melt!
 
Happy Birthday Heather, and Happy Heather! This will be a great year! Anyone know that song, "oh Heather honey, warm as the springtime--" xoxo PS hello to Steve and Evan!!
 
Happy Birthday Heather...that song, oh Heather honey, warm as the sunshine I used to sing to Heather all the time as a baby. It really tugged my heart to think of that song again, and "hear" it in my mind, thinking of those days.

I was reading the family history book night before last, everyone's pictures and stories. The pictures of Heather and Evan are so sweet. The picture of Grampa holding Heather and they are both laughing REALLY made me smile!
We are all so fortunate to have had the elders of our family as a part of our lives. I'll always remember how when, as a very young baby, Heather would see Grampa's old wrinkled face and CRY! She would cry to see someone with very short hair too. Everyone in her everyday baby world had a young face and long hair. All they guys included!

PS, We are all so happy to get together on the BLOG x TWO YEARS!
 
Thanks Lyn--warm as the sunshine does sound better than warm as the springtime! Heather and all of you girls (David and Evan too of course) were just the cutest babies -that memory really makes me feel old, but blessed.
 
Let's ask Karen - she's the one who I learned the song from: was Heather honey warm as the springtime or warm as the sunshine according to the song? Hmmm?
 
HEATHER HONEY
Tommy Roe

Oh Heather honey
Warm as the sunshine
Oh Heather honey
Your love is so fine
I've been here, I've been there
I've been all around
and I fell in and out of love
In most every town
But the girls I knew were not like you
You're a different kind
Heather honey, now can't you see
You're blowing my mind

Every day my friends say
I'm just a fool to fall in love
To them it seems ain't very cool
But I don't care what they say
I just can't resist
Heather, I fell head over heels
First time we kissed
Heather, honey I bet money
We'll never split cause
Loving you is so easy to do
And I'll never quit
So build your plans around this man
Cause I love you so
Don't you forget my pretty pet
I'll never let you go

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and all the sweet stories!! xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?