Friday, February 15, 2008

 

Day 726 - Valentines plus one = Friday!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIFers! Friday is here!

A big post-Valentines Hug to Aunt Nancy, and I hope everyone had a really PHAT Valentines day yesterday.

Lyn - no, I have never heard anyone use the word PHAT in normal conversation. Evan's friend Jason used to have a jacket (the jacket was as big as he was) that said it was a 'triple fat goose', but it wasn't Phat. When Charlie watches baseball - he'll say 'That was a really FAT pitch', but not a PHAT pitch.

Moving on....

You know what to do - March in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

If you're really lucky and having a foame' latte' with sugar free vanilla syrup like I am, you can march around chanting 'Foa-me' Lat-te! Foa-me' Lat-te!'

While I was in training class, I'd stop at Starbucks and order a Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte' each morning. The guy at the window nicknamed it a 'Tall Skinilla', which I thought was funny. I invented other names like 'SkiMocha' and 'Skinnamon' for the other flavors.

I think I'll be working late tonight with my manager for a server swap (this was postponed a few weeks ago if you recall), but I don't even care because the weekend is here!

I'll have water aerobics tomorrow morning, then Charlie and I will have our Valentines dinner at home Saturday night. We could have gone out, but I wanted to have dinner at home and avoid the crowd.

The menu is Surf and Turf - crab legs and steak! I went to Sams Club yesterday after work to get the Alaskan King crab, and I can't wait!

TTFN, Have a nice Friday and a nice weekend!

Comments:
I'd stay home too if my dinner menu's looked like that! Who needs to go out! YUM!! Hooray for Friday! Have a nice weekend everyone!
 
Karen, thanks for the hug! I got an email from Margaret who was treated by Steve (who as you know is in the seafood business AND cooks) to lobster and mussels he prepared himself and champagne!

Heather, I'm sure you're getting ready for the BIG day -- my case assistant is going nuts waiting for his baby girl who should arrive any day now. They don't have a name yet--he says when she arrives they will know which of several names they have in mind will fit.
 
Yo - das phat yo.
Old English: "Hey, I like that!"

Now to be true to my word, I have to say that Bill from the catalog ordering department at LLBean was a very sweet guy to me tonight. Mom sent me a gift card, and after I had placed my order, he asked what credit card did I want to use?
I reminded Bill that I had just paid with my gift card. He reminded me that there were shipping and handling fees. I remarked, how do you like that, I will have to pay for my gift to be mailed to me. I said my Mom will be upset. So this nice guy said that he would, at his own discretion, waive the S+H fees. "After all," said Bill, "it IS the day after Valentine's Day..."
I think he wanted a date.
I'd better watch out, he knows where I live!
But seriously, I told him this was so nice I would write it on my sister's blog.

Lucky me, I saw son#1 and son#2,
now I just need son#3. My world will feel complete again.

Nancy, I didn't pass along the Roger message... Personally, I believed him prior to his testifying. Not now. Can't be proved, but c'mon, nobody's perfect. Give it up. No reason to have that wormy guy around except he was the CONNECTION. That is my opinion. That trainer guy McNamee is some kind of creep.
 
Our Valentine's day restaurant changed as Chick-a-dees was "closed for February". Somehow we had forgotten that the owners go to Fl for the month--smart people! So we went to Applebee's for steak and orange glazed chicken, and small desserts they call "shooters"--just enough! Of course, we had to stop at Starbucks for my phat tall decaf peppermint/mocha latte. Some of us fit into both stereotypes of Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts voters! Have a great weekend everyone! Reminder--Lyn's Birthday is Sunday!
 
Comment # 2! Lyn, as I was writing my comment, yours was just posting, so let me say I am smiling about the LLBean order--there are some great, otherwise known as phat people in the world aren't there? Happy Birthday! I know that "complete" feeling when all of my children are in one place, i.e. this past Thanksgiving!
 
I can't resist--Peggy, your peppermint mocha latte is phat under both definitions (har de har).
Lyn, I thought maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Roger--I love to kid Steve but I know it's not funny. I hope you arent't offended! You know I like Barry Bonds and have taken so much guff from people about that!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?