Thursday, February 14, 2008

 

Day 725 - Happy Valentines Day!

Greetings, Bloggy Lovey Dovies!

Happy Valentines Day!

I got stuck in traffic last night for over an hour coming home due to an accident further south.

The interstate was closed, and they were funneling the traffic off an exit (without setting up detour signs or telling anyone how to get back to the interstate, by the way).



When I got home, Charlie had a lovely collection of flowers in a clear vase waiting for me on the kitchen table.

They smell SOOOO good! In the winter, you rarely get to smell fresh flowers!

Quote of the day:
If music be the food of love, play on.-- Shakespeare

Remember when we were kids, we would fill out those little paper valentines to pass out in class that had really lame sayings on them like 'Here's to you, Valentine!' or 'You're Terrific, Valentine!'

I went to a Children's website just now that has Valentines sayings. I am not believing this one:
It says 'You're PHAT, Valentine!'

For us oldies out there, and I had to go look this up, Phat means 'excellent or first-rate', like a Phat rapper.... Who would have known?

TTFN and Happy Valentines Day!

Comments:
Hey, have a phat day, you guys!
 
That IS PHAT! I feel so young now, I knew what that meant!! Yay Me!!
Happy Valentine's day!!!
 
OK --all of you have Lovey Doveys except ME!! So I would like a Group Hug from bloggees to your poor Auntie all alone in San Francisco. I did get a small box of candy hearts from my co-worker and buddy (he says I'm too OLD for him--ha!)

Karen, "If music be the food of love, play on" is one of my favorite quotes. I know Marcia would agree that music says it all.
 
Big hugs from me Nancy!!!!!!
 
Happy Valentine's Day to all of you phaties! Flowers from Charlie, what a great idea! And hugs to you Nancy! Enjoy the day everyone! We exchanged sweet-nothings'(that doesn't sound right--sweet everything) cards and tomorrow will have dinner in Auburn after taking my car for an oil change at the Honda dealer and maybe, just maybe, we can find some flowers!
 
It's 4:22 and I just sent a hug to you, Nancy. That would be 1:22 your time...
 
Now Mom, you realize the Dunkin Donuts reference denotes social strata...

Merry Christma...oh whatever. It's been a LONG day. William will be here at midnight. (!)

Just maybe I'll get to have all three sons in one spot this weekend for a few hours. We have big plans to go out for one of my FAVORITE activities, eat pancakes! Yep, that's what I call PHAT. What do ya'll talk about down there that you ain't been using the word PHAT? Haven't you seen Baby Phat clothes? C'mon Karen, you've heard people say "thas phat!" surely you have. Probably you just had never seen it (mis)spelled.

Don't you worry, Nancy, some of us are just too damn tired for the lovey or the dovey.
 
Thanks guys! I'm waiting for the Karen & Charlie hug now!

And a big hug for those lovey dovey sons of yours, Lyn (and a big Roger Clemens hug to Steve--couldn't resist that one)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?