Wednesday, February 13, 2008

 

Day 724 - Midweek and Midlife

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

It's in the 20's and we have some black ice around this morning, most of the schools are closed.

They say the highways are pretty good, so I am going to go to class this morning as usual and hope it's not too icy. Today is my last day of class, by the way.

Charlie just walked out to the mailbox, and said our road is mostly dry. Thanks, Charlie!

Changing subjects - I have some serious questions this morning that have been on my mind...

What is it that makes you suddenly forget how to CHEW properly no matter how old you are, and you bite the inside of your cheek or your tongue?

And once you've done that, why do you keep biting it over again?

And for that matter, what is it that makes you think that you can pop something molten-lava hot in your mouth and not suffer for it?

Why IS that?

Changing subjects again -

I forgot to tell a story about going to see 'National Treasure' on Sunday.

We bought a large popcorn before the movie started, and took turns holding it out in the hall while we went to the restrooms.

I went to the restroom first.

When I returned, Charlie and another guy were standing in the hall, waiting. I said teasingly 'Get out of that popcorn!'

The OTHER guy, who was holding two drinks, said 'You weren't even talking to ME but I felt guilty!'

That made everyone laugh - and he told me this story.

He used to go to the movies with his younger brother. This younger brother used to rummage through the trash to find an empty popcorn bag, and take it up to the desk to get his free popcorn refill! He remarked 'That's pretty sad, but my brother is frugal'.

Ha! Have a nice Wednesday! TTFN!

Comments:
Ewwwwwwwwwww!! Reused popcorn bag trash! Yucky. I had to laugh about the biting your mouth thing. I did that just the other day and have been mauling my poor face ever since. You keep biting the same spot because it swells just enough to now be completely in the way. OUCH! We had snow last night so it's messy today and I think I have to go out to see the doc again. Yuck. Have a good class!
 
HEY! they have changed the identity options again! Must be because SO many people are BLOGGIN over the campains. I hit Name/URL and then my identity came up under Name...I hope it will publish.

I was reading one Blog out of DC this morning that was funny, about Hillary's campain manager's goodbye letter, it paraphrased the letter the letter : "blah blah blah sinking ship blah blah blah not my fault."
Awesome.

Politics aside, people of all ages bite their cheeks or tongue as long as they have TEETH in the proper places to do so. If you are eating popcorn, you are more likely to make the grinding motions required to bite onto your cheek. The teeth are pretty darn close to the inside of your mouth, wouldn't you agree? (being funny there)
A piece of ice from your drink on the spot right away would help! Less swelling, less re-bite.

It surely hurts. Molten lava is always optional my sister.

That was interesting that the guy at the movie theater reacted, if it was always his "brother" who stole the popcorn...
I get the picture of two young guys, maybe boys or teenagers, in a conspiratory mode...perhaps now each one laughs and tells the story of his "frugal brother" from years ago. Sure sounds like this guy had a little voice inside saying "get out of that popcorn!" while he was helping himself! I felt a little bit bad for the guy.

You know, when we were in Tennessee, that was one thing I noticed. There seemed to be so many GOOD people there. Here in southern NE, it seems like everyone has a gimmick, some kind of a wheelin dealin attitude going on.
In TN, it seemed to me people just want to have a good life, not at someone else's expense. That is the way you and I were taught, thank God.
Up here it seems that too often having a "good" life is measured by how many OTHERS will end up contributing, in one way or another. Kinda reminds you of one of these gosh darn politcal campaigns.
 
Very helpful, nurse Lyn! I also enjoyed your comments about good people in Tennessee. I see Maine the same way. I see it as a sort of purity living among others like yourselves, as in Tennessee and Maine, but not large population centers.

I love the blog Lyn cited--so accurate, blah, blah, sinking ship, not my fault. That says it all! Speaking of politics, the media have now come up with "latte liberals" who vote for Obama, and "Dunkin Donuts" people who vote for Hillary--I am a "latte liberal" but voted for Hillary. Your mom is a Dunkin Donuts kinda gal (and also in Hillary's demographic) but voted for Obama.

Karen, what is an open ID? Why do they keep changing this?
 
I'm not Karen (I guess you would notice) but I will answer anyway. The only reason that I know of for the various login formats is to take advantage of the "world" part of "world wide web". If you'll look at the openid formats you will see that they allow someone to log in using a name and "contact point" of some other blog. It's sort of like a return address that says, "Here's where I am and where you can read my stuff."

It's just another option, or feature if you will. No biggie.
 
Just wanted to test the new system, see if it worked. That's it!
 
I'm going to click on "anonymous" and hope it works! Yes, Nancy, I'm a Dunkin Donuts person because it is the only game in town. Starbucks is in Auburn and we always stop there when down there. Both candidates are far superior to either brand of coffee! Thanks, Lyn, for all of the answers to Karen's questions--very interesting commentary. Karen, how do you think of these things to write at 5:30AM. Beats me! Are you sick of the weather report here in Maine--9 new inches of snow with rain on top and now it's below freezing for an icy morning--but the sun will shine tomorrow! Whoops, "Anonymous" didn't work, but Name/URL does!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?