Tuesday, February 12, 2008

 

Day 723 - Greek for lunch, Mexican for dinner

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Class went fine - we have 12 or 13 students, 7 are from our company. My commute there and back went fine as well, thank you for asking. I have had this particular instructor before, and he is a good one.

Yes, I got a skinny latte' at Starbucks before class, and five of us went out for lunch at the Greek place we found during my prior training class.

We ALSO went out for dinner, but I did have a salad (with gyro meat) for lunch.

We had a nice dinner out at a relatively new Mexican restaurant last night with TY and SY. Charlie and I shared the 'pulled pork (puerco) fajitas for two' dinner, which was enormous.

After consuming several baskets of tortilla chips and salsa, our dinner arrived...

We had a HUGE, smoking skillet of the pork with grilled peppers, onions and tomatoes, and four packages (containing 3 each) of soft flour tortillas to wrap them in.

Just as we were tucking into it they brought two more big plates with cheese-topped refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, and 'salad stuff' on them. There was hardly room on the table. We really could have split one order, to be honest, but we hadn't been there before and didn't know!

Our bill was $22 - really reasonable for two people.

I guess I'd better get ready to go, TTFN and have a nice Tuesday! I plan to go to water aerobics after class tonight if traffic allows.

Comments:
The fajitas sound really yummy!!! Glad class is good! Today is breakfast with Evan, but I don't know when...he's calling when he wakes up. Can't wait!! ;)
Have a good tuesday! xoxo
 
Yikes, I better go make something to eat!
 
Good planning, reading the blog after lunch! Good to hear that your class is going "swimmingly" --oops that after class! The mexican food sounds yummy. I guess the South is not devoid of all ethnic food--just Italian and Portuguese? Have to exercise. Tonight myself and friend, Bea, are doing the food counter for Bingo. I made 2 apple pies, a pumpkin pie and a dozen sandwiches--chicken salad, egg salad and spam and egg salad. Gil is the caller for the American Legion Bingo and they get about 40-45 people. More snow forecast for late tonight into tomorrow. 4 below this morning. David emailed me that some parts of WI had temps -35. Still better than tornadoes, except for people who can't afford heating oil.
 
Heather, I forgot to say hope you had a great lunch with Evan!
 
Breakfast, and yes, it was awesome!! We went to my favorite, Cracker barrel! YUM-O!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?