Saturday, February 09, 2008

 

Day 720 - Valentine Alternatives?

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Hey - here is a fine example of marketing...

I pass a tire store on my way to the highway going home. They have a big, marquee 'alphabet' sign out front that displays their current specials.

Their current posting:

'Flowers and candy getting old?
How about new brakes or a front-end alignment?'

Charlie told me a story of his ex-father-in-law who put new tires on HIS car and told his wife they were HER Christmas present.

As someone who received a new coffee maker for Christmas from my ex back in the days when I didn't drink coffee, I could relate.

Changing subjects...

I am doing a double at the health club this morning. I am taking my usual water aerobics at 8am, then taking a new class called 'water strength training' immediately afterwards.

If I make it through all that without falling apart, there is also a 10am water aerobics class, but I really don't think I will do all three - that sounds a bit excessive.

TTFN and have a great Saturday!

Comments:
I'm ready for a nap just thinking about you taking all those classes in one day!!! Actually I'm ready for a nap anyway...haha.
That's a cute sign for Valentines day. My favorite is the one I saw in a picture for a fish market that said
'Give her Crabs for Valentine's Day'
How romantic. ;)
 
I guess I'd better get 10 minutes on the treadmill, Karen! Heather, no thanks for crabs for Valentine's Day! That is so funny about Charlie's ex putting new tires on his car and telling his wife that's a Christmas present for her. Even funnier the coffee maker when you didn't drink coffee, Karen! A friend of mine dated a man who gave her a can opener for Christmas! Jeesh! That was the kiss of death to the relationship!
 
Whoops, I left off ex father-in-law, but you probably got the drift!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?