Friday, February 08, 2008

 

Day 719 - Friday already!

Greetings, Bloggy TGIF-ers!

You know what to do, folks, march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'

Those who have asked about the 'Miracle Baby' who was tossed by a tornado, here is the story from the local news website:

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=7839610

The baby, Kyson will turn 1 in just a few days, and will live with his maternal grandparents.

No, we do not have a storm cellar - this area is covered with limestone and they normally have to blast or build on a hillside if someone wants a basement.

We have an interior guest bathroom that has no windows. This would be the 'storm room' in case of emergency.

Changing subjects:

Is it just me, or has this week flown by?

Today is my last day at work until next Thursday! I'll be at another training event Monday-Wednesday of next week, lucky me.

That means I need to prepare and dole out work today to the team for the next several days, and try to catch up on some things like my timesheet accounting.

Changing subjects:

I have NOT done my taxes yet - I haven't had time! Maybe on Sunday.

Speaking of Sunday:

There's a new a church sign on my commute to work. It reads 'Love is an endless cycle of forgiveness'. That sounds like a TEST of love to me!

TTFN! Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

Comments:
Happy Friday! This week did go by pretty quickly, even for me! Have a great weekend everyone! Mamma, let me know when I should check for you on webcam! ;)
 
Hi Karen, Hi everyone and happy weekend! A picture of the baby miracle was on the NBC nightly news last night. Just amazing! Sounds like more study time next week, not business as usual, Karen. Enjoy! Gil took me to Lewiston to Bates College Chapel this afternoon to hear Sen. Ted Kennedy talk as to reasons to vote for Barack Obama in our Maine caucus this Sunday. Gil wasn't interested in hearing him, but since the roads are snowy he didn't want me to drive there by myself. It was great to see Ted Kennedy and hear him speak in person, and of course the Chapel was filled to capacity with students! Yes, I am an Obama supporter! I was reminded of being married there in Sept 1955, and had not been there again until today. When I attended Bates for one year, chapel was mandatory. I spoke with a couple of students, and it is no longer mandatory. I told them when I attended Bates the tuition was $600! Pretty amazing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?