Tuesday, February 05, 2008

 

Day 716 - Let's hear it for Fat and Super!

Greetings, Bloggy Twofers!

Monday is over, and it wasn't a bad Monday for a change. Some emergencies, but manageable ones. No, don't even think I've caught up, I'm just not buried alive. ;-)

It's Fat Tuesday (Mardis Gras) and Super Tuesday (Mardis Vote?) - there's your perfect twosome of the day. You can go vote, then go drink, or vice-versa!

Fat Tuesday is named for the feasting before the 40 days of Lent fasting begins. I had enough feasting during the Super Bowl, so I will abstain, thank you very much. Here is a link about Fat Tuesday and Mardis Gras if you are interested.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/mardigras1.html

Changing subjects...

A lady at work came in late yesterday.

As she was leaving for daycare and then work, her five year old said 'I need to go potty', and proceeded to hang out in the bathroom for the next 25 minutes.

When they finally did leave and arrived at daycare, her son said 'I can't go in'. She said 'Why can't you go in?' He explained 'I have gum on my hands'.

He had 'webbed out' a piece of chewed gum and it was stuck all over his hands. More time spent picking it off his hands.

His comment 'Don't tell my teacher, Mom'.

My comment - he must have also had Monday morning blahs at five years old! Sounds like a series of excellent stall tactics.

Weather alert:

It's supposed to be 75 degrees this afternoon with strong storms coming through when the temperature drops.

TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
That's a cute kid story. It's pretty warm here today too...50 but rainy. Good day to sleep! (hmmm, aren't they all???)
Happy Tuesday!!
 
Guess it was a good day for everyone to sleep...haha
 
So, like, if I hang out in the bathroom and then cover my hand with gum I too can be late? Sounds very intelligent, calculating.

About the game, let me say I was never much interested in football until the Superbowl 42. A new football fan has been born. I can't wait for next season! If the Giants continue to play the way they did, I'll stick with them. Their defensive coach, Steve Spagnola is from little Rhody, and their head coach is from Boston College. Great strategies. Great excitement. Awesome game!

It was sad for the Pats fans we were watching the game with. Since I was undeclared, I just watched and tried not to ask questions. I DID have to ask "why didn't he try for a field goal?" at the 48 yard line, when the Pat's kicker had previously made a 51 or 52 yard field goal at some other game. I got a rush of answers from the Pats fans that made me feel kinda stupid for having asked. After the game we were driving home and the radio sports commentary asked the SAME question. Turns out a lot of people thought a field goal could have been attempted.

I was sleeping part of this day, 'cause I worked night shift. Tommorow I'll work evening shift, then Friday back to days for the weekend. This job is TRYING to kick my ever lovin' you know where. Can't be as hard as football.
 
Lyn, I had the same question and we aren't stupid.
 
For anyone who checks - no blog today. As you may know from watching the news, Tenn, Ark, and Ky were smacked with some really severe weather last night. We lost power about 3:00 a.m., so Karen had to get ready for work by candlelight. Of course, as she was backing out of the garage, the power came back. What timing! But that was too late for her to make a blog entry.

Fortunately the very worst of the weather missed us. In the general area there were several tornadoes and straight line winds of up to 100 mph. In one small town the local post office was flattened, along with several houses. Five people were killed there. In Jackson three dorms were destroyed at Union University, trapping some of the residents for a while. Near that campus a senior citizen home was ripped apart, killing two. In Memphis a mall collapsed trapping some shoppers for a while. So we feel pretty lucky to only have been without electricity for a few hours.

Join us tomorrow when Karen will return to the anchor desk.
 
Thanks Charlie! Scary stuff!
 
Hi Charlie!!

GLAD you two are safe. So sad that there was so much destruction, and 24 deaths in Tennessee. Hard to imagine. A catastrophe for all those areas.
 
Thanks, Charlie. I watch the first part of the Today show every day -- the tornados actually had equal billing with the election results. I of course was more worried about you guys in Tennessee than I was the election!
 
Charlie, thanks for the update. I'm glad I called last night to know you were safe, but didn't know what the morning would bring. I feel blessed to be having snow and not TN weather! I went to a routine (I thought) eye appmt, thinking I must need stronger glasses (last exam 3 and 1/2 yrs ago), only to find out I have a cataract in my left eye and a date to have it removed on Feb 28. Now that was a surprise! I especially noticed that night driving was getting difficult, but I guess I thought it was just age. Gil does most of the driving anyway. Hope y'all are having good eyesight!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?