Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

Day 714 - Happy Super Bowl!

Greetings, Blogregation!

It's Superbowl Sunday, and I've had a busy morning already. Most people here are pulling for the Giants because there's a MANNING involved. I hope the Patriots win easily.

After all, Tom Brady compared to Eli Manning? Come on! It's like Superman playing against Jimmy Olsen. Yes, I might live to regret that statement.

As heard at work - 'Tom Brady is just too perfect. He can't be REAL'.

Eli - would you PLEASE close your mouth when you are on camera - gaping like a fool is not charming.

I just made a batch of homemade salsa (10 pints) - some to eat, some to freeze, we're already running the dishwasher, and I just put in a wash.

Still to go - housecleaning, salad making, housecleaning, showers, more housecleaning, etc. I didn't go swim this morning because I figured I'd get all the exercise I need this morning.

Charlie's cold is improving but he still isn't well enough to go to the gym. His sense of humor is back with a vengeance.

True story - I asked him to scratch my back this morning.

I said 'Bra line', indicating where I needed him to scratch. His hand immediately went to my WAIST, with an evil giggle!

Very funny, bud-ro, but that is how I know he is feeling better. ;-)

Have a great Superbowl Sunday, everybody! TTFN!

Comments:
Glad Charlie is feeling better! That was a funny story.
So, I ended up talking myself out of going to the busy supermarket & will either eat whats in the house or get pizza later on. I'm already ready for bed so i doubt I'll make it to the end of the superbowl anyway. Go Patriots!
 
Heather, that made me smile, already in bed at 11:21am! Well you're resting for 2! Only Mary Ann and Ray can come for the Super Bowl, as Nancy has to pick up Morgan from her father's and Morgan will be doing homework throughout the evening. We'll have a good time. Ray's bringing his football pool ($2.50 a piece). Too much food,(menu on yesterday's blog or Friday's) but a little of everything will be yummy, to quote Karen! We even bought M&M's which we haven't had since Thanksgiving. Karen, I'm glad you are faithful to your New England roots! Go Patriots!
 
What some people don't know is that apparently Brady was always kind of geeky acting though not geeky looking. I learned this from people around here as he grew up in Palo Alto. Several people I've met went to school with him at Serra (Barry Bonds' high school-- we almost sent Eric down there for baseball).

Karen, with all that cleaning going on, I assume you're having company? I would love some of that salsa. I'm at my office and will go to a nearby bar to watch the half-time show and the second half. And yes the eggplant was awesome even though each piece (large) was probably 1000 calories!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?