Saturday, February 02, 2008

 

Day 713 - Groundhog Day!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

My days are mixed up - I am very happy it's Saturday, but it doesn't FEEL like Saturday to me.

Happy Birthday to Kerry D. today - Groundhog day makes it easy to remember his birthday.

YES, I passed my exam yesterday - thank heavens, and so did my co-worker. If you have to retake the test, the passing grade is higher, and it costs $200 per retake!

I thought it was pretty hard, with questions like 'Which of the following are true statements', and then you had to choose the right combination of correct answers.

At least one person in the class did not pass - I heard her saying to her coworker that she hadn't expected to be able to pass it the first time around, but I am sure she didn't enjoy failing it!

I think another one didn't pass either - I saw him turn in his exam and leave, and he didn't come back to see if he passed or not. That makes me think he knew he didn't pass.

Changing subjects to FOOD...

I'll be shopping for Super Bowl food this afternoon after water aerobics - YUM-O!

I am still not 100% sure of the menu - but writing it on the blog will help me decide.

I am definitely serving prime rib and au jus with various breads to pile it on, accompanied by horseradish sauce and grainy mustard. Can't wait for that! I'm picking up a veggie tray for sure, and leaning toward making deviled eggs, crackers and cheese, and chips with guacamole and homemade salsa.

I would like to get some chicken wings, but they are awfully fattening... jury's still out on those...

Nancy - your cajun feast at work sounded AWESOME. I was especially interested in the cajun eggplant! I would love to have tried it - did you?

Well, I need to make my grocery list and get a move-on! TTFN and Go Patriots!

Comments:
Yummy superbowl menu! I was debating whether or not I felt like going out to get dip for the chips I've already got...Now I feel like I should be going shopping for something yummy like yours! We'll see, maybe I'll hit the market quick today....or maybe I'll grab some pizza tomorrow before the game! THAT would work better, I think!!! Everyone enjoy the game, if you watch it!
 
Congratulations, Karen, on the successful completion of your training! Now you can work harder, right? Yes, we're thinking about the super bowl and food, too. Mary Ann and Ray are coming down--they will bring chicken wings. I'm making chili, onion dip, and fresh Maine shrimp from the coast that Gil's nephew brought yesterday--shrimp will be served with cocktail sauce, and toothpicks because they are little ( a distinguishing feature of Maine shrimp). Gil cleaned and cooked them last night--so fresh tasting and yummy! We'll have nuts, and a chocolate orange for the sweet tooth. Niece, Nancy and Morgan may come over, too. Jay is working. Go Patriots!
 
Happy birthday Kerry D!
Hope it's fun!

Congratulations on passing your course and test, Karen, that was a lot to do and sounds like so much to learn. Hope it was edifying!

Today is windy and bright now and then...the kind of day you might see your shadow one moment and not the next. So much for groundhog predictions. Is that the same thing as a woodchuck?

We are thinking about NOT eating for the superbowl. Couple of spoilsports. If I BUY all the food, I will surely eat it. Yes indeed. There is my rationale. Remarkable, I know, for its ingenuity.

I recently finished a course in Gerontological Nursing, as a specialty and now there is a test. I can take it at any time, and add letters to the end of my name. I surely hate tests. I'll study more, because they want about $375 to take it. How special is THAT.
 
Everyone's superbowl plans sound good INCLUDING abstaining from the pig-out.

I just got back from the grocery store and Sams Club, and they both were MOBBED.

Everyone buying anything and everything that had a hope of being good during the superbowl.
 
God for you, Karen, you're so smart!
 
Oh poop, not God for you, GOOD for you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?