Wednesday, January 30, 2008

 

Day 710 - Middle of the week and halfway thru class

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Day two of class was successful. Two more days of class and one testing day coming up.

Traffic was slow, but I sat patiently in various traffic jams both going to and coming home from class. I left in plenty of time to get a cinnamon skinny latte' at Starbucks drive thru. I already feel a pattern setting in...

I was tired by the end of the day but managed to complete my 'hands on exercise' pages before I hit the road. It took me an hour and ten minutes to drive home last night - but it could have been worse.

A funny story about lunch yesterday. Me, a woman that I work with who is also at the training class, and our instructor went to a Greek place down the road for lunch. It was raining pretty hard, so we got a bit wet going and coming back.

Our instructor is a VERY petite and tiny young woman who dresses kind of hippie-like. She told us on the way how she makes her own hummus at home, and loves middle eastern food. By the time we finished eating she was physically shaking from cold and damp - no body fat, poor thing.

At the Greek place, I noticed an 'absent minded professor' type guy, also rail thin and pale, with rather wild, curly hair - staring at her as much as possible. He had finally spotted his soul mate, (or at least kindred spirit) and could not take his eyes off her.

Unfortunately, she was oblivious to his stare, even though he stared at her the entire time we stood in line, ordered our food, and received our food. When we left, he stared at her all the way out the door.

Should I have told her??? I didn't at the time, but I could tell her today if I get there early before the other students arrive.

TTFN and have a great Wednesday!

Comments:
I think your instincts are good, Karen. If you were inclined not to point the (rude?) staring man out then so be it.

I FINALLY have a day off after working the weekend into the week. But I had a dream that I actually remember this morning because I slept LATE:

My body was the Universe, and all these little disks that looked like those little red wrapped cheeses you get at Christmas were spinning by. The funny thing was that they WERE cheese.
Steve says I dreamed this because he was eating crackers and cheese in bed! Funny. He ought to cut that out.

Remember when we were small and they said the moon was made of swiss cheese? I think THAT is why I would have such a dream.
 
I think if he were truly her soulmate he would have said hello instead of staring the whole time like a pervert stalker. I think she's safer not meeting him. :)
Glad class is still going well. Almost done!!! xoxoxo
 
Yeah, I don't like the sound of that guy.
 
But you probably have told her by now, at least she can be aware that it was going on.
 
I would mention the guy in passing so that she will know there is either an admirer or a stalker watching her.

Dreams--you know Lyn that's a pretty dramatic way to get Steve to stop eating cheese in bed! Sunday night, I dreamt about Will and Tiger Woods in the same dream--don't recall how they were connected. Even though it was Tiger I somehow thought he was Obama, not hard to figure that out.
 
I wonder if your instructor and the skinny man drink Starbuck's skinny latte's? I drink skinny Dunkin Donut's latte's but when we go to Starbuck's about once a month I have the peppermint/mocha latte with whipped cream! Maybe that's why I'm not skinny! Interesting story Karen, and interesting dream, Lyn. I had an early morning dentist appmt--two filings for just over $300.--there will be some dental insurance pmt sent directly to me, but probably not much! Tonight we're going out for dinner at the "River Restaurant" with cousin Janie, husband, Bob, Ray and Mary Ann. A rainy day today, in the 30's reminds me that Spring is coming in a couple of months!
 
Cool dream! If my body gets any bigger it WILL be the universe! Ha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?