Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

Day 709 - Twofer Day Two of Class

Greetings, Bloggy Students! Oh - that would be me.

I had a really nice day yesterday!

Charlie and I went to work out before class, which was a treat.

Commuter traffic was better than expected (my expectations were very bad), and I had time to go through Starbucks for a skinny vanilla latte' before class. ($4.32)

Class was excellent and I didn't have any trouble keeping up. The biggest problem was finding a place for lunch! There used to be a cafe right in the building, and it has closed. Yesterday's lunch was Subway salads. ($5.95)

Can't wait to do it all again today, but it is rainy and that makes traffic much worse.

A couple of comments about the McDonalds in East Providence, RI - remember the promotion that you could get a burger, fries and a drink and get change back from your dollar?? I remember that, and I think your change was around 7 or 8 cents.

Also, the periodically incremented sign count telling how many millions of customers had been served - I think they eventually changed it to 'millions and millions' served or 'billions and billions' served or something like that.

Have a great day, everyone!

Comments:
Glad your class went well yesterday! I'm sure todays will too. I liked everyone's McDonald's stories yesterday. Made me very hungry.
 
I remember how deserted East Providence always seemed, because we used to go on Sundays when everything was closed. My food was always gone too soon, and I would try to eat my little hamburger with small bites. Now that I'm a grown-up, I can have five hamburgers if I want!
 
I'm shocked that the perfect mom was taking her children to McDonalds!
McDonald's has certainly struck a chord! I remember remarking in the 60s that I should buy stock--how I wish I had (not that I had any money then).
Marcia, I too remember the apple pies burning my mouth! Funny how those memories remain. Now, I occasionally stop in for a the fish sandwich.
Karen, when Starbucks came out with "skinny" lattes--I asked what it was, and it's the same thing I get every day anyway --nonfat milk latte.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?