Monday, January 28, 2008

 

Day 708 - Monday again!

Greetings, Bloggy Commuters!

I have a week long series of training classes to attend this week across town, but class doesn't start till 9am. I have to pass a test on Friday, by the way... Wish me luck!

I am going to leave here about 6:15 and go work out before class. Charlie's leaving early too and working out with me. We'll take two cars of course!

I'll make the blogs this week pretty short, so I CAN go work out before class.

One funny from Charlie's granddaughter, who is six years old.

She was curious about Florida and asked 'Is Florida like other states? Is there a McDonalds there'?

Yes, she'll feel right at home in Florida, under the familiar glow of the golden arches. Ha!

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
That's very cute. I remember going to McDonalds in East Providence when we were little, what a big treat! Those apple pie things always burned your mouth. But we loved our hamburger with pickles and mustard and catsup, and our little thing of fries, and our shake. Which were all gone in about two seconds. The car smelled like the food.
 
Marcia, Thanks for the memories about eating at E Prov McDonald's--I think they were just starting up. Occasionally we have those apple pies from Taco Bell--yes I like a crispy taco, double cheese every so often! Karen how will your office get a long without you for a whole week? Probably you'll like the change of pace. I thought there was no blog yesterday--thanks for the taco soup recipes. Gil put together the treadmill we bought at Wal-Mart ($178.), so now when it's too snowy or too cold to walk outside, I'll be able to walk inside. At 2 miles per hour setting it took about 17 min to walk a half mile and burn about 45 calories! Jeesh!
 
I remember my first McDonald's milkshake. Had to be during years 1963-67 as I was in college. We were in the car, my milkshake tipped over but nothing came out! Shows how thick they were.

Peggy, good luck on your treadmill--most people eventually use them as clothes hangers.
 
I don't remember my first fast food encounter. I DO remember that I never got happy meals because I hated cheeseburgers,which I could prob'ly live on now. ;)
Good Luck Mamma! Hope the long week goes by quick for you. You'll do great on your test. xoxo
 
My first real job (a 1099 type) was at the McDonalds off Thayer St near Brown U. I worked there 2 mos.
The manager was a nasty man. One day someone called in an order for 30 burgers fries and cokes for some lunch thing, to be ready at noon. The manager made a big deal, put the order together, counting all the burgers and everything.

The person never came in to pick it up!
I think it might have been a gag.
The bosses didn't let us eat the stuff either. They threw it away. Boy, was that guy MAD.
 
Great stories everyone! My first day at class went just fine. xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?