Sunday, January 27, 2008

 

Day 707 - Sunday's a wastin'

Greetings, Blogregation!

We had a nice evening with Buddy Joe last night - the 'taco soup' he brought was excellent, and I made appetizers and also ate ONE delicious, delectable bagel, all by myself, no sharing. I have a photo of the bagels but I haven't downloaded it yet.

I've eaten only ONE so far - I sliced, vacuum sealed and froze all the rest. They are calling to me, even now, from the freezer...

Joe sent me his recipe - I thought it was just a touch hot for me, he didn't think so!

Taco Soup
1 1/2 lbs ground beef cooked and drained
1 onion chopped
1 pkg dry taco seasoning
1 pkg dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
1 can pinto beans
1 can hot chili beans
1 can Fiesta corn
1 large can diced tomatoes
2 cans Rotel tomatoes

Simmer 30 minutes

I grabbed this recipe for Taco soup off the internet.

Taco Soup
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1 large onion, diced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes & green chiles
1 (11 ounce) canned corn with red and green peppers
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can beans (your favorite kind)
2 cans water (3 1/2 cups)
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 package ranch salad dressing mix (dry)
Sautee onion with vegetable oil cooking spray.

When softened, combine all other ingredients and cook until heated through.
Makes 9-10 cups.

We've been to swim and run our Sunday errands.

I'm on my second load of wash now, and I need to catch up on a few emails and assignments at work before I can 'unclog' my brain and get ready for my training class that starts tomorrow.

Warning - expect short blogs this coming week!

TTFN and have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Taco soup sounds pretty darn yummy. I'll have to try that!!! No bagels arrived at my door today so I'm assuming Joe is still on his way? Have him pick me up a lobster and a prime rib while he's at it...remember the 'lack of cravings' conversation? Well, I'm having a few today...haha!
Good luck this week! Sorry you'll be so busy. xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?