Tuesday, January 22, 2008

 

Day 702 - Twofer Tuesday!

Greetings, Bloggy Terrific Tuesdayers!

No, I have no idea whether it will be a Terrific Tuesday but at least Monday is OVER.

The full moon was lovely last night - before the clouds covered it up! I like the brightness of the sky at night when the 'silvery' moon is shining, it makes everything shine.

It is 32 degrees and raining - some school systems are closed, I assume due to icing.

Our Mediterreanean dinner out was great last night. For starters we ordered fried mushrooms and our friends ordered hummus with pita bread and we shared them.

I had a delicious salad (it really was!) with lettuce, tomato, onion, and lots of feta cheese, topped with a large amount of gyro meat and some kind of cracked pepper chicken gyro strips that I've never had before, and thinned-down cucumber sauce for dressing. Only $7.50! I also tried a cup of lentil soup, which was good but rather bland. It needed Emeril to kick it up a notch!

Charlie had the special which was grilled chicken and vegetables over rice with salad. TY ordered the special too, but received a completely different meal of grilled chicken strips on rice, no vegetables. They brought him out his missing vegetables upon request!

Charlie is attending a beekeeping seminar tonight - Happy Honey, Honey! Ha!

Hey Joe - Charlie's going to be at the Wilson County fairgrounds tonight.

Hey Joe again - I was awake in the middle of the night last night remembering those gigantic bagels from the bagel place in Mt. Juliet that you guys would bring to work occasionally.

Someday I have GOT to go there and buy some (at least a dozen, maybe two) and freeze them individually, taking out just one at a time (or I'll eat them all). They were just about the best bagels I ever tasted, and that is saying something, because I've had hundreds (at least).

What was the name of the place, and is it still open, and are they still as good?

Inquiring minds want to know! TTFN!

Comments:
Boy, time for breakfast, after reading your blog I'm hungry!
 
I was just thinking the same thing Marcia! I think I'll have a bagel!
 
Hey Karen - the bagel place is K & K Bagels. I think it is still open, but I haven't been there in forever since it is on the other side of Mt. Juliet. I get my weekend bagel at Panera Bread :)
 
We had some really good bagels at Lyn's that Steve picked up at Dunkin Donuts. Lyn toasted them and served them with butter, cream cheese and jelly--ymmm! I'm going through re-entry back to Maine. It takes me a while to adjust after being back in Providence area with family and friends. Snow showers today, can you believe it? Karen, hope your commute this morning was OK, at 32 degrees and raining. Good morning everyone!
 
We know things are back to post-holiday normal when we can read about Karen's Monday night dinners and "Mom" is back in the boonies.
 
Bee keeping is cool. In my imaginary life, I would have land enough to have bees for honey and pollination of my orchard...it is a beautiful life.
Flowers, trees, gardens and bees, the sun the moon and the rain. Perfect.
Some people are not born to remain in a peaceful place, but rather to bring peace to the places they are.

I figure I must be one of THOSE. Ask me what kind of day I had.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?