Thursday, January 17, 2008

 

Day 697 - I finally got my red grapefruit!

Greetings, Bloggy Thirstin' for Thursdayers!

The sweet smell of success (or it is citrus?) is following me this morning.

I just finished slicing up a red grapefruit, which I will have AFTER my foame' latte' so my mouth doesn't curdle.

Do you remember that I've had a difficult time finding RED vs. PINK grapefruit lately?

Well, I finally put my 'pissy customer' hat on yesterday, after buying red ones that turned out to be light pink.

A local grocery store has 5lb. bags of red grapefruit on sale for $1.99 a bag. I went there yesterday at lunchtime. I explained my 'pink vs. red' issue and asked the produce guy to SHOW me the inside of the red grapefruits that were on sale.

He hemmed and hawed for awhile, but I hung in there and waited expectantly until he picked up a bag, stuck his thumb in one of the grapefruits, and pulled it open so I could see the fruit inside. Satisfactory. I bought 2 bags.

I don't know what he did with the bag he 'mangled', probably brought it in the back to go on the salad bar.

You may recall that another grocery store didn't mind at all opening a package of yellow carrots for me to try. Customer service practices greatly depend on which store you go to!

TTFN and have a nice Thursday!

Comments:
What a good idea! I just bought a few 'red' grapefruits the other day that are very pink...not thrilled, but they're still okay. There were also some blood oranges there, but for $1.99 each! How crazy is that? Like em, but not that much. I have an errand to run today, so I'll actually get some real fresh air for a second this afternoon, and back to the doc's tomorrow too! Get me outa this house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Red grapefruit for Karen, and all is well! Here it's always the weather, and whether or not to try to drive to Providence tomorrow or not--we're having snow, further south a wintry mix, and Prov. rain. Sheesh! Decisions, decisions!
 
I hope you guys come tomorrow! Lots to do at the school...I'd hate to see poor Lyn doing all of it alone! :(
 
Come what may, Heather, your baby shower will be a lovely lovely day, you'll see! Through wind and rain and snow, nothing that me and a bottle of Greased Lightning can't conquer.
Now I just have to get up the energy to clean MY house...been putting it off all day. Bad bad me.
 
Peggy, use the snow excuse or they will put you to work!

Have a great shower Heather--wish I could be there but am glad my gift participated in your mini-shower at Thanksgiving!
 
Nice grapefruit picture, sis. Hope this year is a good one for you. Heather, have a happy shower, sorry I can't be there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?