Sunday, January 13, 2008

 

Day 693 - State park getaway a success!



Greetings, Blogregation!

Charlie and I just got back from our 'Honeymoon Anniversary' getaway at the Montgomery Bell State Park in Tennessee for my birthday.

THANK YOU, CHARLIE!


Some of the state parks have a package deal where you get an overnight stay and breakfast for two and a complimentary bottle of sparkling grape juice with toast glasses.

Charlie also brought a bottle of Korbel Brut champagne (my favorite), and we mixed the two to sweeten it up a bit.

This state park is a 'resort park', which means it has a golf course, an Inn and Conference Center, indoor pool, jacuzzi, etc. in addition to cabins and hiking trails. Pretty nice!

We had the dinner buffet last night. They had steak, BBQ chicken and ribs, excellent catfish filets, and all the vegetables and salad stuff you could want. I had cherry cobbler for dessert.

This morning we had eggs, bacon, grits, sausage, sausage gravy, biscuits, fresh fruit (I finally got one of those red grapefruit I have been craving), and lots of coffee.

This EVENING we are going out for dinner AGAIN to the Santa Fe Steak house in Columbia to have filet mignon.

TOMORROW I am going out for lunch with my manager and the other gal who had a birthday this weekend - back to the 'Tossed' salad place.

Whew! Having a birthday is hazardous to the waistline, isn't it? I'd better go do water aerobics every day this week...

TTFN!

Comments:
Karen: I wondered what that sparkling grape juice was doing in the photo! I'm not even going to comment on mixing grape juice and champagne--not important when you're toasting to a birthday/honeymoon/anniversary!

Sounds like you had a perfect weekend--too bad the Big Bday is on a Monday. Yuk! Hope you get my cards on Monday.
 
Here's another birthday blog wish- have a good birthday eve!
 
...sounds so perfectly romantic, Karen, you two just doing the things that make you happy. I love to hear it. Makes me smile! Feels like the first smile that has come across my face today that has wanted to STAY, just feeling happy for you.
 
What a great weekend! Good job Charlie! xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?