Monday, January 07, 2008

 

Day 687 - Monday AGAIN...

Greetings, Monday morning Blah-gers!

Monday is like the movie 'Groundhog day' - it just keeps annoying me - over and over and over again. The best part of Monday is knowing there won't be another one for a whole week.

While I am having an 'annoyed' moment (or day, or week), I was annoyed at three things yesterday involving advertising.

Well - at least 3 things, but I'm getting used to Charlie talking about when he USED to work...

Annoyance #1: I was clipping coupons and saw a coupon for 'Tums for Kids' antacids. I was offended. Listen, if a kid is getting heartburn, the kid needs exercise and decent food. Kids shouldn't have heartburn.

Annoyance #2: Progressive insurance is trying to get your business by saying they will pay for your PETS injuries in an accident. How about the coverage for the PEOPLE? Is that any good?

Have you noticed that TONS of commercials have animals in them? The industry thinks it's a magic commercial formula for a successful ad to have an animal or cartoon character pushing products...

Annoyance #3: Sponsors that play the SAME commercial over and over again during the show. Do they think we'll actually watch that commercial at least ONCE if they play it over again several times during a football game? Or is it just cheaper for them to show the same one rather than producing more than one commercial? Whatever it is, it's annoying.

There - I'm finished with my rant... Just because I'm out of time!

TTFN and have a nice Monday if that is possible!


Comments:
Good morning, Karen. Good for you for being able to rant as soon as you get up- I'm usually in a fog for a while, and bumping into things!
 
I liked your rant today...quiet so far though, maybe you scared off the rest of the family?? haha!
Hope the rest of the day, week, etc. is better! xoxo
 
The only thing I could rant about that early would be having to get out of bed.

Karen, the advertisers actually do think they will catch you in front of the tv instead of in the kitchen or bathroom or wherever at least once during the game. Is some of this rant because the Titans lost? (Sorry Charlie)
 
No. It's because of that stupid commercial with the guy driving a vehicle with an open roof and the aggravating animals jumping/flying into the car singing. I don't even know what's being advertised. It's so annoying that I either leave the room or change the channel until it's over. And it's on during every break, which in pro football seems like every thirty seconds.
 
I haven't seen that commercial (a good thing, apparently!)--must be new!
 
I haven't seen it either! Must be a Tennessee Torture device of some sort...
 
I haven't seen that commercial either. That's one advantage of living up here in the frozen north (thawing this week, however!) Yes, advertisements are aggravating enough without a repeat performance 2 minutes later. So sorry the Titans lost--but you were saved from losing to us, right? Ta-Ta!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?