Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Day 686 - Belated Birthday wishes!

Greetings, Blogregation!

Belated birthday wishes go out to Tiff (of Phil and Tiff) - her birthday was January 4th and I forgot till this morning. Oops! Hope it was a great day!

Speaking of birthdays...

Three people on my Team at work (including myself) have birthdays coming up. What are the odds that of a team of ten people, 3 of us would have consecutive birthdays; one on Jan 12th, one on the 13th, and me on the 14th.

We actually had a fourth birthday Team member. His birthday is the 15th, but HE changed teams so we can't count him anymore.

We had a really nice day yesterday at Charlie's family get together. Everyone teased him about retirement, we had lots of great food, and got to catch up on the nieces and nephews and their kids.

So - what was the food, you ask?

Deviled eggs and various stuffed vegetables.
Dates stuffed with cream cheese and nuts.
Relish tray with olives and pickles.
Cheese, sausage and cracker tray.
Hot spinach and artichoke dip (look on the back of a Knorr vegetable soup mix package) with a thick layer of melted cheese on top.
Other Chips and dip - several kinds.
Ham roll - a rolled and baked bread with chopped country ham inside it.
Chili (I like mine on top of Fritos Scoops)
Two kinds of ham - spiral sliced baked ham and country ham, which is much darker and saltier.
Marinated salad with cauliflower, red onion, peppers and cucumbers.
Mandarin orange molded salad.
Southern style green beans.
Green bean casserole.
Broccoli-rice casserole.
Rotini and sausage casserole.
An apple-bread-pudding dessert (that was wonderful). It was like apple crisp on the bottom, except it had a bread pudding kind of topping instead of the crunchy crisp topping. YUM.
Cookies.

Are you full yet? I might have forgotten some items, but that's most of 'em!

Changing subjects to the weather - we are going to have a warm up for the next couple of days - today is supposed to be in the low 60's - tomorrow may hit 70. Perfect January weather.

Have a great Sunday! TTFN!

Comments:
Hi Karen! Thank you for remembering me! We had a great day - the kids went back to school so I took it easy and then we took them to the traditional british pantomime at the local very old theatre (1700, I think) It was great. We watched cinderella - set in Russia! - Question - do you do pantomime in America?
Tiff x
 
Hey, a warm-up in TN means the sky's the limit, I guess! Over the freezing mark here today--whoops, I just checked and it's only 29! Feels good, tho, and Gil and I are just going for a walk. Glad you had a great day yesterday and unbelievable food!
 
Karen, besides making me hungry as usual, your food list reminded me of wonderful meals in Georgia with my ex. Ham is king. I didn't see black-eyed peas, one of my favorites. I used to make a cream cheese, whipped cream, date, pecan and pineapple "salad", a specialty of one of the Georgia aunts, which of course goes with ham. I love your food lists, Karen--keep em coming!
 
Sounds like a yummy day yesterday! Hope your Sunday was good. Spent most of it in bed myself. Almost time for Monday again. Yuck.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?