Saturday, January 05, 2008

 

Day 685 - First Saturday in 2008

Greetings, Bloggy Saturday Lovers!

We are preparing for a family get together with Charlie's side of the family - over 20 people at his daughter and son-in-laws new house in Murfreesboro.

We are bringing spiral ham (I need to cut it into easy-serve portions), sausage balls (YUM), and chili with fritos scoops.

In case you don't remember - sausage balls are appetizers made with pork sausage, cheese, water and bisquick mix, with some spices thrown in. You roll them into large marble sized balls and bake them in the oven. They are one of my favorites.

I bought the 'heart healthy' trans fat free Bisquick. I hope it works!

TTFN and have a great Saturday!

Comments:
Happy Saturday! Those sausage ball things sound good. Bring me some. haha! Relaxing most of the day & meeting Lyn for lunch. Have a great weekend! xoxo
 
Is the sausage heart healthy and 0 trans fat, too? Have a great family day, Karen. (And Lyn and Heather too!) The temp is over 20 now, rising maybe to freezing. I baked pies for the Legion supper and dance tonight, and during the lull in household duties I'm reading the history of our foreign policy decisions in Obama's book "Audacity of Hope". Nancy, I have no doubt he can win, and can lead this country. I do like Hillary too, as my second choice!
 
Mmm, sausage balls...Sounds vaguely dirty to say it that way, doesn't it? What the hell, we can be a little racy in this blog, can't we? What about Saturday Night Live,the cookie maker Pete Shweaty, who made those cookies called Shweaty Balls. Mom, don't read this!
 
I'm dying over here Marcia. You crack me up!!!!
 
Marcia, I watched SNL, too, you know!
 
Peggy, your children and grandchildren love to make us sound like old fossils--

I watched the debates last night. I do wish people countrywide would vote for Obama but after years of having elections go the wrong way (Nixon, Reagan, Bush) I don't have much faith that people will vote for the right reasons. Obama's only chance is for the under 30's group to come out in droves throughout the country like they did in Iowa and presumably will do in New Hampshire.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?