Tuesday, December 25, 2007

 

Day 674 - Merry Christmas!

Greetings, Bloggy Christmas Revelers! Merry Christmas!

We've just finished our foame' lattes, using the Melitta coffee foamer that Cheryl gave me a couple of Christmases ago. Thanks, Cheryl!

Charlie and I just heaved the giant turkage into the 20 qt countertop turkey roaster I use once a year. Correction! I use the roaster for king crab legs too. Increase usage to 3 times a year.

Our enormous bird is cozily nestled in a roasting pan (lying in a manger?), sprayed with butter Pam spray, sprinked with a savory mix of herbs from Harry and David, then sprinkled with a dusting of snow (that would be garlic powder), then bagged in a Reynolds turkey roasting bag, then monitored with a programmable meat thermometer probe that Heather gave me a few Christmases ago! Thanks, Heather!

Nothing else can be done for this bird, Doctor. We've done everything we could.

The Butterball turkey site would be proud of me, I think.

Here is a running log of turkey-thigh-temp.

7am internal turkage temp: 45 degrees.
7:25 am internal turkage temp: 56 degrees.
8:30am internal turkage temp: 91 degrees. (Halfway mark?)
9am internal turkage temp: 111 degrees.

I cut the heat back from 325 to 300 at 9am because I can't remember if I cooked my turkey last year at 300 or 325 so I'll split the difference.

10am internal turkage temp: 129 degrees.
2pm internal turkage temp: 176 degrees.
(I just turned off the roaster, assuming it will get to 180 by itself)

I have cornbread dressing in my NEW, small 6qt roaster, and I've discovered that three of my casserole dishes fit in it! Hooray!

Gotta go open presents! More later!

Presents this year were awesome, including:
Gummy Vitamins from Charlie, to make up for the mean old lady at Sams Club denying me one.
A necklace with sparkly crystals from Cheryl.
2 magazine subscriptions from Mom 'n Gil.
Dark chocolate covered cranberries from Nantucket, candle and blankie from Heather.
Several gift cards - two of them from Evan.
A 6qt roaster-crockpot that I REALLY wanted from Charlie, plus one of those new hand-held Reynolds vacuum sealers, plus 2 calendars, a wall weather calendar and a desk Dilbert page-a-day, plus lots of other stuff like a cheese slicer, flashlight, and snow scraper.

It is 10am and we just finished an outstanding breakfast frittata that Charlie made for us. YUM-O!

Life is pretty darn good!

Comments:
Merry Christmas everyone with Love!
 
What a nice day Mamma! My Xmas gift this year was an AWESOME DVD video camera. (and of course lots of $$ from various people! Gee, what will I ever do with that??) I have the battery charging & will attempt to learn how to use it tomorrow. Need to be a pro by March!! I made breakfast this morning, we went to do some visiting, ended up seeing National Treasure 2, then came home! Now Mike's sleeping & I'm close behind. Thank you everyone for such a nice Christmas! xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?