Monday, December 24, 2007

 

Day 673 - Christmas Eve!

Greetings, Bloggy Christmas Eve-ers!

Here's a nice gingerbread house picture for the day.

I caught up on quite a few things yesterday!

I did my last minute grocery shopping, complete with last minute impulse buying.

I purchased $87 worth of last minute grocery items we 'might' want to eat like Cracker Barrel bar cheese and Cool Whip, and Fritos and Sun Chips and Tortilla chips.

I also bought a bunch of other needed stuff like milk and coffee creamer and the obligatory baby peas and pearl onions for Christmas dinner.

In between football games, I made TWO batches of jam - one of 'black and blue' - half blackberry and half blueberry, and one of strawberry. Whoa! I rarely make two batches in one day, that is a few hours of work right there.

No, my strawberry jam did not come out 'ugly' like my Thanksgiving jam. Good thing, because a jar of each is going to the neighbors later today.

Notice - I am completely out of pint sized jelly jars, which I use most of the time. I looked in the guest closet where I stock boxes of jars. I have ALL 8oz jars left and no pints at all. Oops - who's stocking that closet? Uh, that would be me. So I made a lot more 8oz jams yesterday than I was expecting to. It's just as much work to make an 8oz jar as a 16oz, but you have to make MORE of them.

We are going to the health club this morning, then to the movies to see 'The Golden Compass', and then having PRIME RIB and baked potatoes for supper.

Could a day be any better than THAT?

TTFN and have a wonderful Christmas eve! Don't forget your stockings!

Comments:
Yay! Santa's coming santa's coming! I had my 3 hour doctor's visit this morning & had to come home and nap after, so now I'm ready to start today again. Still need a couple quick things today, but mostly ready for SANTA!!!!! ;)
Have a wonderful Xmas Eve! Talk to you tomorrow! xoxoxoxo
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?