Saturday, December 22, 2007

 

Day 671 - Twas the Saturday before Christmas!



Greetings, Bloggy Waiting-for-Santas!

I chose this tree for the blog this morning because you can barely SEE the tree amid the presents!

There appears to be a plant as well - no! Two plants! Are they waiting to be opened? I guess so!

Here we are, the Saturday before Santa Day. I am officially off work until Wednesday. YES, indeedy.

I missed the neighbor kids coming by last night to bring us some homemade Christmas candy. They always bring us something at Christmastime.

Charlie said they stood at the door for awhile, letting him do all the talking (they usually don't say anything, just stare and smile a lot).

They handed him a container of chocolate covered coconut balls, then the little girl darted forward and HUGGED him before they ran like the Dickens for home. HOW SWEET WAS THAT!! Adorable!

I have GOT to make jam this weekend, because we always send homemade jam over to them and I haven't got a single jar made right now. My 'black and blue' jam gets hoarded by 'Dad' next door - he hides it and doesn't share it. I need to make two kinds so the kids might actually get to eat some of it. I don't know if they ever get any of it!

So, you ask - if I give homemade jam to ONE neighbor - do I give anything to the other neighbors? The answer is no, but I would if they brought something over to US! Reciprocal giftage!

Well, gotta go, have a wonderful weekend and I hope all your shopping and baking gets done! The only baking I plan to do is peach cobbler, and I need to pick up some ice cream for it.

I also have no cranberry sauce (that's one of those things you usually have a can of in the pantry), we're out of chips and munchie food, and we're running low on all sorts of drinks.

Charlie and I enjoyed some eggnog with nutmeg last night before supper, by the way... You make it from a dry powder and you can make one mugful at a time. It was very yummy.

TTFN! Merry Christmas!

Comments:
I'm on vacation now too until Thursday. I'd say I need the break, but a holiday vacation isn't much of a break, I think. Still happy to be off work! That was so sweet of the girl next door to give Charlie a hug! they're cute kids. I'm off to wrap and bake for the day...just the thought makes me want to crawl back into bed. haha!
Merry Christmas!!!!!! xoxoxoxo
 
Merry Christmas everyone! Mary Ann and I are going to Lewiston today--actually she has things to buy and I'm just along for the ride and to keep her company. Karen, you are such a good neighbor--two kinds of jam so the kids will get some! I think Aunt Iris used to hide your jam from Uncle Johnny! I made up my cookie dough yesterday, and later I'll make the sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles. I couldn't find any cookie cutters--they must have gone the way of many things when I moved--so bought new ones and will use the tree, candy cane and Santa's boot--have red, green, and peppermint sprinkles, Yumm! These and banana bread are for the church coffee hour tomorrow morning. Christmas Day Gil's family joins us for pork roast, etc. and for dessert cheesecake with blueberry topping (blueberry pie filling--Wow was that expensive--$3.99!) and a mincemeat pie. My friend Eleanor gave me the mincemeat made from real deer meat from Milt's deer. How cool is that, as Karen says! Oh, I've also looked up the Hefenkranz coffee cake recipe and will have that for Christmas dinner instead of rolls.
 
How many people out there in blogger land said "Eeew" when they read that about deer meat in the mince meat pie?
 
That is EXACTLY what I said, Marcia!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
 
I think I might have the cookie cutters...all I know is that I do have quite a few. Eating the real mince meat pie is the way folks do it down east. I'll stick to raisins and apples cut up really small! I'm a day late for this blog. Tired me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?