Tuesday, December 18, 2007

 

Day 667 - It's beginning to look a lot like Tuesday!

Greetings, Bloggy Twofer Tuesdayers!

Thank heavens Monday is over.

For your Christmas enjoyment, I stole this picture off the internet. Nice tree!

Charlie and I had a delicious dinner last night with TY and SY at the Santa Fe Cattle Company steak house.

They had a sign on the wall that read 'A day without sunshine is like, you know, night'. Ha!

I had a Blackened Sirloin Salad, and it was really good. Everyone else had grilled catfish.

We were a little later than usual getting there, because I got home late. To top off my rotten 666 day, I got stuck in a traffic jam caused by an accident, and it took me over an hour to get home (20 miles).

So, Charlie - tell us what it's like being officially retired and not having to go to work! Is it everything we've been dreaming of?

Speaking of Charlie - he is going to the post office this morning to mail a present to his granddaughter. This present has been in a bag in his truck since JUNE! Glad you're not a procrastinator, Charlie!

Well, it's almost 6:00 - gotta go see what new and exciting things will come my way today! TTFN and get that Christmas shopping done! I still don't have a turkey!

Comments:
Procrastinator? Me? Nah - I just did my Xmas shopping really early. Ok, ok, I'll tell the truth. It was supposed to be a July birthday present but I forgot that I had it. She'll be glad to get it for Xmas.

Retirement is much better than anyone could imagine. If I get stuck in a traffic jam, I don't care. I'm no longer a slave to schedules and the clock. It's just hard for me to realize that I'm not on some sort of extended vacation and that one day I'll have to go back to work.

Guess I'll run along. Heading to the health club for a while, then taking a drive to see buddy Joe's dad and talk to him about honey bees, maybe stop somewhere for lunch, and then... just whatever I want to do. No, retirement does NOT suck.
 
Charlie, I can't wait to retire. Less than 4 years away but we know that time goes real fast now. Then I can visit Tennessee and eat catfish and visit Joe's bees too.
 
I can't wait to retire. Less than 31 years away...haha...
 
OK Heather don't rub it in.
 
Charlie, I'm so glad to know you are not a procrastinator. Rachel won't know the difference between a birthday present and a Christmas present. Your description of retirement makes me think I need to do less! And Karen, I hope you are having a 4-day weekend, right through Christmas Day! I avoided Day 666 by not reading the blog!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?