Saturday, December 15, 2007

 

Day 664 - Just a quick blog before I go out again

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

I went to my departmental Xmas bash last night and had a nice time! Me, my manager, and another co-worker sat together and gabbed till after 7pm! (it started at FOUR). Yes, I ate too much.

I've already been up, had my water aerobics class, been out and about running errands, and made a run back to the house to eat and drop off some perishables I got at the grocery store.

Good news - I got all the ingredients I will need for my Cajun Gumbo for our work potluck dinner on Wednesday.

Bad news - this particular Publix store didn't have a single fresh Butterball turkey left, just fresh ones from their store brand. I'll keep looking.

Good news - Heather, your package arrived! It is under the tree, waiting for Christmas.

Bad news - I can't remember IF I mailed this one particular card and might mail it again.

Good news - Lyn, there is a group of cards in one big envelope on it's way to your house.

TTFN!

Comments:
Yay! I thought it should be arriving soon! I went to the market today & had to buy a FROZEN turkey..87 cents a lb where the fresh ones were over two dollars!! So now I get to stare at my poultry-cicle until its ready to be cooked...I want it NOW! Tired today so we're just sitting around. Need to make more xmas cookies & pack, but that will prob'ly wait until tomorrow. More snow coming!!! xoxoxo
 
Heather - I can't believe all the snow you are getting, and I am SOOO glad I am missing it! I saw enough snow in Maine for the season. xxxxoooo
 
I missed blogging in yesterday as we had company for supper--Milt and Eleanor--and I asked them to bring their "Sequence" board game, using playing cards. It was fun! I didn't miss reading all of the comments, however!
We only had about 3" of snow on Thurs and expect snow, sleet, wind and freezing rain tomorrow. Although we heard from Nina whose boyfriend goes to school in Newport that there was a lot more snow down there and the roads jammed for the evening commute. Poor Heather, getting caught in that! I'm so happy you got home alright. Enough already of winter which hasn't officially started! Gil worked all day cutting and selling Christmas trees at a friend's place as the Veteran's Home gets $5. on each tree sold. He said people were buying big trees which were heavy to cut and put onto those huge pick-up trucks that are so popular up in this neck of the woods. He's not complaining--he likes a "man's days work".
 
So I'm sure you will think this is a weird question but I just have to ask. When, say, Heather or Mom, or even myself writes, there appears a small gray head and shoulders logo. Then writes our main Blogger, our Karen, and what shows up is an odd shape which resembles nothing in particular, or maybe a lock. What's up.
 
What is a poultry circle? Is that like a knitting circle? Can I join?
 
Hi Lyn - I think the symbols are new, and the 'regular head' means that someone has posted a comment as a guest, vs. ME, who gets a B, because I am the BLOGGER, as it is MY BLOG.

And Heather called her frozen turkey a poultry-cicle as in icicle, not circle.

Time for a trip to the optometrist!
 
Hahaha! Thanks for clearing up my turkey talk Mamma! I am cracking up over here!
 
(just my feeble attempts at humor, there, Karen!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?