Wednesday, December 12, 2007

 

Day 661 - Midweek already!

Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers!

It's Wednesday already - good! How are the Christmas preparations coming along?

It was in the 70's again yesterday - a GORGEOUS day, and now they are saying it could snow by the end of this weekend. Eeeeew - keep the warm weather, Mother Nature!

We have a cubicle decorating contest going on at work, and NOBODY who sits anywhere near me is participating.

There are a few stockings here and there, and an exact replica of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree over near the Production Control department, complete with Linus's blankie at the base!

In keeping with the holiday spirit, my manager brought in a 3-ft pre-lit artificial tree yesterday that she bought at her mom's yard sale and has never used.

(Funny story about that yard sale, she said she actually gave a few dollars for it, her mom didn't insist that she just take it! I would have made sure one of my children didn't PAY.)

We are going to decorate that instead of our cubicles. I just pulled some garland and miscellaneous ornaments (I have a ton that I am not using) into a bag and I'll go decorate the tree when I get to work.

Speaking of work, I'd better be moving along - it is already 6:07. TTFN!

Comments:
Start the countdown till day 666!
 
So I'm looking at the posts and wondering what the heck is Joe talking about anyway? Then I see oh yes, it is day 661, well, not to worry, the sister is back on track and takin up the slack for all you computer hack cracker jacks. Many thanks to Charlie in particular for help provided, and I'll be posting no thanks to googleblogger. Wow.
So what's up with your co-workers, Karen, no time for decorating? It's a contest! Don't they even want to TRY to win? Less competition for you then. Point THAT out to them! Now there's the Christmas spirit.

We have such a beautiful Christmas tree this year, but when we took a digital picture of it, the glow of the lights didn't translate, the fullness of the branches, the shadows on the walls - so many of the things that give the tree its mystery just were not there. I'd email the pic of "our tree" but the pic just doesn't do it justice.

Hey, I'm just happy to know how to be back on the blog! And if we are counting down to six hundred and sixty six, guess it's a good thing the sister is back.
 
OOOOOOOOOH! Day 666...will you do a scary blog that day? Good observation, Joe! TGIW..I get to sit at the doctors office for over an hour today for bloodwork & tests...such fun. Snow is expected tomorrow and Sunday, but today is pretty warm!
 
Hi Everyone! No time to blog--Legion party tonight--have to change my clothes from casual to a little less casual. I love Christmas trees--we'll get ours tomorrow. I have a new decoration, a white crocheted rope interspersed with red beads made by my friend, Eleanor. Can't wait to see it on the tree. Karen, that 3 ft tree won't know what hit it, so to speak, when you get through decorating it! It will look spectacular, like yours and Lyn's trees at home. Good to see Lyn back again on the blog! Charlie figured it out for me too.
 
Hey Karen, can't wait to see the blog, "Mid-Life Already"!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?