Tuesday, December 11, 2007

 

Day 660 - Goings on at the pool

Greetings, Bloggy Twofer Tuesdayers!

Happy Birthday to my brother Dave - I don't think he reads the blog but I'll say it anyway!

Yesterday I left work early (because I worked on Sunday for a while) and went to the pool. I have a few blog-worthy stories of my time there yesterday.

The 'tiny tots' swim instructor doesn't look much more than 16. She is very good looking and THIN. She strolled into the pool area yesterday wearing her one piece speedo swimsuit and those gigantic, Britney-Spears-wanna-be shearling boots. What a beautiful outfit.

I was in the front half of the pool and I could SMELL her perfume from where I was exercising. Eeeew. I absolutely can't stand the smell of heavy perfume or cologne, especially in an elevator or enclosed space. I avoid the 'demo ladies' in the department store that try to spray you when you walk by...

Anyway, back to my story. The little boy she was giving a lesson to spent his whole time (and his parents money) sitting on the steps, not wanting to go in. He did get on the noodle for a minute or two, but that was it. I don't think there was much of a lesson yesterday. His mother didn't look very pleased with his aquatic prowess.

In the locker room, a fully clothed young girl with knee high, lace up combat boots came walking out of the sauna when I was headed for the shower.

I was shocked that she could go in there with her clothes on and asked her - 'Aren't you boiling to death in there?' She said 'I was cold, I went in there to get warm!' Only a young girl can be THAT cold all the time.

Well, it's after 6 - so that will be all the stories I have time for today!

We're supposed to set another record high today, in the 70's again. No coat for me! TTFN!

Comments:
Cute stories! I would get cold like that young girl once upon a time...now I have a little heater in my stomach and NEVER get cold...usually I'm sweating to death. No saunas for me!!!
Happy Birthday baby David! xoxo
 
She was cold and it was 70 degrees out? Those are good stories--I don't have any good gym stories except when 7 foot basketball players are staying in the hotel next door.
 
Tell us ALL, Nancy!
 
Yes, Happy Birthday to David. I called tonight and he and Steff are out for dinner. No stories about feeling cold--just that it's snowing and 24 degrees outside! Karen, 70 degrees seems impossible! Today we older church ladies made baskets for the real elderly people--home made cookies and fudge, boughten crackers and Hershey bite-size bars. and fruit. We also made these cute decorations starting with a decorative cup filled with that green stuff the florists use, then you put evergreen sprigs around the outside and fill in the middle with small sprigs of pine, juniper, dried grasses, then colorful items such a pretty striped pencil with erasers with Santa or tree shapes on top, a bow on top of tall hor's doevres pick. The ladies have done this for years and have accumulated some nice stuff. We made 11 to be delivered, and most of us made one for ourselves--very pretty!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?