Wednesday, December 05, 2007

 

Day 654 - Midweek already!

Greetings, Bloggy Middlers!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? What? You're all done? Sheesh.

I have purchased Christmas cards, a couple of Xmas hand towels for myself, and a few small gifts. That's all. Nothing else. Pretty pitiful. I have not written out any cards yet.

Of course, if I tried, I could probably find 5 gifts around the house that I have purchased in the past and never given out!

Every year I have high hopes of going outside and decorating the mailbox and mailbox pole. Never has happened.

This is not a big gift buying year for me though, (family be notified), I am planning to write checks rather than purchase gifts! I don't think anyone will mind.

Charlies son called a check 'a substitute gift card' recently, I thought that was funny.

I am proud, however, that the tree is UP AND DECORATED, and all my wreaths are out (I have several). If I don't do any more decorating (is cleaning the house included?) I'm ok.

Well, it's 6am and the day is a-wastin' - have a nice Wednesday and TTFN!

Comments:
My tree is up and decorated. Finished it last night. My wreaths are NOT up...one is lying on the bathroom sink waiting for a nail to go into the wall, the other is at Lyn's. oops.
I've done most of my shopping on Ebay this year. A few more things to pick up and I'm done!!! Not a big gift year for me either...
 
Karen: I have one Maine wreath, s gift from your mom & Gil. I will not have a tree -too much work for someone living alone -- and I'm going to spend Christmas with Eric in San Diego. I have a few gifts, some purchased in Ireland and a few small gifts I've picked up along the way. I have not done an "official" Macy's etc shopping day-that's this Saturday. I have not purchased cards and will most likely only send a few, maybe after Christmas.
I would also like a "shout out" to Joe for his family's honey, the Amish for their apple butter and to you Karen for that spectacular jam (which Ray and Mary Ann are still enjoying in Maine!)
 
I think your tree decorated and wreaths up would be just right for Christmas! As you know we did our shopping for my family in time for Thanksgiving. The best gift for me was having all of my children and grandchildren and their loved ones here for Thanksgiving!!! Mostly checks for Gil's family plus a few little things already purchased (like a half-pound of hand-made chocolates from our W Paris U U Church craft fair table last Sat for son-in-law Rusty, Yum!) I think Gil and I will buy each other clothes for Christmas and pick them out ourselves. I bought a hand-blown glass pendant Sat at the craft fair and told Gil it was a gift from him. I got the idea from Mary Ann! We won't have our tree until Dec 15th when Gil and other Legionnaires cut trees to sell for the benefit of the Veteran's Home.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?