Monday, December 03, 2007

 

Day 652 - Moanday, Moanday!

Greetings, Bloggy Commuters!

It's time to rise and shine and hit the road for WORK.

This is a photo of the master bedroom at the place where I stayed this weekend. It was SPECTACULAR, and had a jacuzzi room next to it.

A short synopsis of the trip:

I was expecting 4 girls, but only two could come!

We had a HUGE 4 bedroom (with 2 master bedrooms) 2300 sq. ft. condo at Fairfield Glade resort in Crossville, TN, but two of us managed to have a good time anyway.

We went to Mennonite country on Saturday after setting off the smoke alarm in the condo by overcooking our toast. We ate the toast anyway by piling on my homemade strawberry jam. We bought some things there (Nancy, I bought more apple butter) and had homemade ice cream in big waffle cones instead of lunch.

We tried to go to the movies, but it was an 'in between time' with nothing showing for 2 more hours. We hit a Christmas craft fair instead (go figure), then went back to the condo and watched 'Home Alone' for our Christmas movie.

Sunday morning the winds really picked up and we had a power outage that lasted for hours - we had to get up and get around in the DARK!

Sounds like a comedy of errors, doesn't it? Well, we had fun anyway and I will definitely go back to one of those villas again.

TTFN and have a nice Monday!

Comments:
What a nice trip! You're always doing fun stuff, you'd think YOU were the one retired!
We had our first snow last night...mostly gone now, but it was pretty! Now it's just cold and dark...typical icky MONDAY! xoxo
 
Karen, I like that Moanday! What a hugh condo--big enough for 3 people I would say!We watched Home Alone (on TV) last week with Tim and Allie. Hadn't seen that for a long time. We started our Christmas videos with the "Christmas Story" the other night. That is so funny. "Ralphi, I can't get up, Ralphi" It snowed here all day with an accumulation of about 8". It's supposed to snow another 2" tonight and windy. It was a good day to stay home and make beef stew with dumplings, and custard pie!
 
Just testing the comments...
 
Looks like the comment format has changed a bit. Enter your comment as before, then click the "nickname" button, enter your name (or nickname), and then publish. I used to help users with stuff like this back when I worked.
 
Does that mean people couldn't figure out how to publish their comments???
 
Let me try again as Mom, not anonymous!
 
Charlie saved the day!
 
Charlie, the format changed and I was baffled too--I kept trying and finally got it right. A miracle for a technology-challenged fossil like me. Except "Mom" is worse than I am.
 
Heather - that would be a yes.
 
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! My poor computer-illiterate family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?