Thursday, November 29, 2007

 

Day 648 - One Week Since Thanksgiving!

Greetings, Bloggy Turkey Comas!

I bought a new and GIGANTIC foame' latte' mug yesterday, with an appropriate winter theme. It's HEAVY!

Can you believe it was a week ago today when we had our Thanksgiving Feast? Are all your turkey leftovers gone?

I didn't HAVE any turkey leftovers! I have GOT to buy and cook a turkey, and SOON!

After cooking a turkey, I take it all apart and look forward to having several containers of turkey stored away in the freezer for quick meals! Waaah!

Hey - I was talking to someone yesterday who says she cooks a boneless turkey roast in her CROCK POT! She defrosts it first, and lets it cook there all day at 250 degrees. I am going to try that after Christmas. Why after Christmas, you ask?

Charlie doesn't know it yet (till he reads the blog), but I am going to ask for a bigger crock pot for Christmas. I just need to research what kind is best. Please post comments. I want at least a 5.5 or 6qt one with a digital display and settable temperature. And a dishwasher safe liner.

It's 6am - gotta run! Have a great Thursday and Survivor tonight!

Comments:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new mug!! So pretty. I ran to the market the next day after returning from Maine and couldn't find a darn turkey anywhere! I'm still hunting so I can make some for home too. I'm getting a crock pot too and will try that turkey idea whenever I get one! YUMMMMMM-O!
 
I'm running up to W Paris to make chocolates for the Craft Fair this Sat. The church has a table and will be selling decorated sugar eggs which I helped to make, and the chocolates and some other stuff! Have a nice day everyone! Oh, I love your latte cup,too; also am hungry for turkey leftovers!
 
Karen, one thing that transpired within a month or so after Steve retired was the delegation of the GROCERY STORE DUTY to HIM. So, I'm waiting for our turkey too. (In more ways than one)
 
Boy, what a crock!
 
I love the mug--I am sipping my latte out of a huge mug I got from a client, with the sun on it and the words "Good Morning! Let the stress begin!"
I'm sure you already have a crock pot cookbook and know you can cook almost anything in it--I was a big fan years ago when I cooked. I have a crock pot and two large woks gathering dust.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?