Monday, November 26, 2007

 

Day 645 - Hoping for SNOW?

Greetings, Monday morning Blag-ghies!

Heather, here is your snow picture from Maine! You would have seen a nice snow if you had arrived on Tuesday. Charlie and I saw the most snow on Monday when we drove up into the mountains to see the scenery.

We were headed to 'The height of the land', where you can see all the way to Canada.

We had to turn back shortly afterwards because there was so much snow and ice on the road - I wasn't in the mood to crack up the rental car. You can see the snow on the right hand side of the road. The higher the elevation, the more snow we saw!

The weather in Tennessee this week is expected to be 30's-40's at night and 50's daytime. That is perfect in my opinion! We don't get much snow, a few inches here and there and an occasional 'big' snow. I haven't used the 4-wheel-drive yet on my new CRV.

Tennessee is a great place to live, but I do miss being near the ocean! We are a whopping 8 hours from the beach. I don't miss the New England winters though! I had my fill of cold last week, and if I don't see snow again till next winter, that is A-OK by me.

Changing subjects back to Thanksgiving, we had over 100 people at our Thanksgiving dinner, and we didn't run out of turkey, stuffing or gravy! I poured the gravy into PITCHERS so people could pour it right over their plate. Next time I'll pour it into coffee carafes so it will stay piping hot (not that anyone complained, I just had that idea after the fact).

Hey! It's 6:08 - gotta go! Have a nice Monday and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Comments:
Hey, bright idea about the coffee carafes! It was good to see you, sis! And you, too, Mr. C!
 
I agree, good gravy idea! All the food was so yummy. Can we do it again tomorrow???

What a nice snow picture! I'd told the girls about the snow you all had gotten on Tuesday, so they were hoping to have some left when we got there....no such luck with the rain!
Monday again....yuck.
 
Hi Everyone, I second the motion for using the gravy pitchers next time (more for the men to wash but I guess we won't worry about that!) I did worry we would run out of food with so many people but that didn't happen as there are so many who bring food. And Mike's mother made tons of fudge--amazing! I'm ready to see all of you again next week, just need a week to recover! Maine is so much nicer with all of my family here! Love you all!
 
That fudge was truly awesome. Now I know who made it, maybe I can get the recipe?
 
Heather - please email me name and address info so I can send a thank you card for the fudge! It was SCRUMPTIOUS!
 
I sure will! xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?