Friday, November 16, 2007

 

Day 634 - Last workday till vacation!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders and Vacationers!

It's Friday! Woo Hoo!

It doesn't really feel like Friday to me, but you know what to do - march in a circle chanting 'Fri-day! Fri-day! Fri-day!'.

Here's another delicious looking turkage for Heather.

Ignore the brussels sprouts behind it! I have noticed that a lot of photos have brussels sprouts on a Thanksgiving dinner table, and that is NOT anyone's family tradition that I know of... They must think they look artistic.

Now, the roasted potatoes I would enjoy, but gravy is better on mashed, in my opinion. And let's substitute the vinegar cruets for wine glasses, shall we?

It's almost 6am and I just finished throwing a few more items in the suitcase.

If I am going to make stuffing for 100 people, I think I need my veggie chopper with me for the onions and celery. Make more room in the suitcase, girl!

At this rate I'll have everything I need for the week EXCEPT clothing in my suitcase.

Gotta go, folks! I'll post something tonight or in the morning to say 'Happy Thanksgiving'!

Comments:
have a good trip Karen- i hope the airport people don't think your food processor is a deadly weapon. Only if you put the wrong ingredients in the stuffing...
 
I LOVE brussel sprouts! I'd much rather have a bowl of those instead of the potatos...but I never was a fan of the starchy foods....
Have a good flight and I'll see you VERY soon! Can't wait! Going to make fudge w/ Mike's mother tomorrow to bring to Maine with us...YUMMY!
 
Karen, your blogs always make me hungry! Thanksgiving is almost a week away but doesn't mean we can't eat bad stuff before then.

I'm also bringing See's candy made in SF and guarantee it will disappear before Thursday (your mother being one of the culprits)

The rest of us will be WORKING while you are LOAFING in Maine, so that stuffing had better be good.
 
holy turkage batman, I've been missing all the good Thanksgiving STUFF - and one more comment about things going haywire at holiday time, one Easter one of the babies put a bar of Ivory soap (the least likely to dissolve in cold water) into the toilet and flushed. Yes, a blockage. As soon as it was removed by a plumber with a "snake" the oldest, then 5 years, did it again for some unknown reason. Not too bad as holiday disasters go. That oven thing was funny because I think it worked again right after the holiday.

It just so happens that I too love brussel sprouts, and love them more than potatoes.

Now, if anyone is reading, the pepper enhances the other spices without adding any distinct flavor of it's own, lending an overall spicier taste and feel to the food. Hotter going down. Not a lot hotter, just right. Perfect for New England chill. Great in spice cake too.
see y'all soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?