Tuesday, November 13, 2007

 

Day 631 - Twofer Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Twofer Tuesdayers!

I am running a little late this morning, it's almost 6 and I haven't started the blog. I checked email and ebay first, that's why.

Whew! I hope today will be less busy than yesterday. I do hate Monday, but at least it flew by.

Our dinner out with TY and SY was to 'Sultan Table' again for Greek/Turkish food.

The owner proudly told us he was trying to get a Turkish chef to come work there and have daily specials. The funny thing about that is I *think* (due to the heavy accent I'm not sure) his Turkish chef is actually in New York. Hey, close enough...

Three of us had the same thing - a triple combo of marinated chicken, a shish kabob of beef, and a kofte which is a long oval ground lamb 'meatball', with salad and rice. Scrumptious.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/105019

CONFESSION: I think I mentioned that I made a batch of strawberry jam this past weekend.

I want to warn the entire family in advance that 'it's delicious but it isn't pretty'. As a matter of fact, it's kind of funny looking. As a mother, I have to love it anyway because I created it.

I let the strawberries defrost first (that I never do) and that resulted in my over-chopping the strawberries when I put them in the chopper. The result is a grainy looking jam.

Apologies but please just act like it's normal and pretend it is picture perfect.

TTFN! Gotta run!

Comments:
Aww, poor ugly jam. I'm sure it's absolutely delicious though! YUM!!!
 
And how about Joe's honey and the Amish apple butter?

What is so enticing on ebay to put it ahead of the blog?
 
How's the picture perfect jam? Here is what I recently concocted: instead of throwing out some plums which didn't want to ripen, I cut them up, added some water and sugar, and some cinnamon, a couple of cloves and a small spoon of black pepper. Cooked it all down to a beautiful purple/scarlet color. Let me tell you. Best stuff I ever made.
The moral of the story is, there are no bad plums, only bad cooks.
I know my sister agrees. She is a kitchen magician.
 
Hey, folks, let me assure you that the jam is FINE. The color is a little different (as Karen explained), but the taste is A-OK. The appearance just didn't quite come up to Karen's exacting standards, but none of us will notice the difference. :-)
 
Lyn, how did you ever think of black pepper? Interesting.
 
That's what I thought - what was the reasoning behind the pepper? I'll bet it was excellent!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?