Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

Day 625 - Midweek and Shivering!

Greetings, Bloggy Midweekers! It's Wednesday already!


Blogger is giving me a hard time with unintentional double spacing this morning. I have saved and re-edited this blog FOUR times already.

It's the middle of the week and we have had our first hard freeze- it's in the 20's here this morning.

Brrrrr.... I can hear the heat running right now! I dug around this morning to find my gloves to put in the pockets of my winter coat. Yes, that means I'll put on my winter coat this morning.



Here's a photo of the beautiful fireplace at the cabin we rented. It was a gas fireplace, so you just turned a timer and presto! A cozy fire.

We heat our house with propane, and we usually receive a letter from our propane supplier to 'lock in' a price sometime in September that is good all of the winter heating season.

We haven't had any letter yet this year. This may mean they just don't have a good enough read on the estimated propane prices to make their customers that kind of offer. Maybe we'll have to pay as we go this year?

I hear there were snowstorms yesterday in Pennsylvania and New York. I hope there ISN'T much snow when we go to Maine for Thanksgiving this year. Maybe snow before we get there and after we leave, ok, Mother Nature? Can I put in my order now?

Charlie just came in shivering from walking to the road to get the newspaper. He said there's a lot of frost out there. Brrrrr...

Have a great Wednesday and stay warm!

Comments:
Where are the bloggers the past two days? Great photos and sorry you are (finally) freezing.
 
Here I am, Nancy! Have been trying to get the house ready for Thanksgiving, so have been busier than usual. I even spent a couple of hours today at church helping make the Christmas wreaths--mine was as good as the others but it was giving me a headache and stuffy nose, so I helped in the kitchen with lunch for the wreath makers. Next year I'll volunteer for wiring the pine cones and making the bows. Tomorrow Gil and I go to Prov for some appmts, staying with Lyn and Steve (aren't they lucky!) returning on Sat. Visiting with some old friends, too. Karen, you're as cold as some of our mornings! Brrr! is right! Can't wait for Thanksgiving to see most all of you bloggers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?