Wednesday, October 31, 2007

 

Day 618 - Happy Halloween!

Greetings, Bloggy Ghouls and Bogeymen!

Happy Halloween!

Charlie is hunting, but he should be around later to see the handful of trick or treaters we'll get this afternoon. I always miss them, so I don't know how cute they looked! Charlie, please encourage them to take more than one piece of candy per kid!

I am sure I told this already, but last year we left a tub of candy out on the doorstep for the kids to choose what they wanted.

Charlie was out back, but came to the front just in time to see the kids struggling with the LID on the plastic container! They couldn't GET to the candy! The lid was 'pull off', and they were trying to turn it. We'll leave the lid OFF this year. I have the bucket sitting by the door.

So, Karen, tell us, what kind of candy did you buy this year?

I have a mix of Reese's Peanut Butter cups, a couple snickers bars, a few mounds bars, and some Halloween 'bats n jacks' pretzel packs for non-candy-lovers (if there are any).

Favorite Halloween memories:
Going trick or treating in Connecticut with NO parents - just kids. No fear in those days.
Having so much candy you needed a pillowcase to carry it all.
Having full sized candy bars vs. the miniatures.
Having people give you quarters instead of candy.
Trading candy with your siblings and friends.
Collecting for Unicef. (It was fun!)

We had a neighbor in Massachusetts who was a dentist. He gave out toothbrushes instead of candy. Not a problem.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Comments:
My excitement for Halloween was last night's 5.6 earthquake. I was at the office (a high rise) and the building was definitely moving. I was a little freaked out, as I lived in the hardest hit area in SF in the 1989 6.9 quake. I was in a high rise office then too (in the bathroom!)
My son lives in San Diego which was recently surrounded by fires.
Fires, floods and earthquakes are what Californians have to put up with to live in this beautiful state.
 
Missed the news last night, so didn't hear anything about your earthquake, Nancy. That's scary for sure! Glad you are OK and that it wasn't worse. I went to Taco Bell yesterday just before 5pm and the counter-person said they had given away 500 free taco, as promised during the World Series if a Red Sox player stole a base, which Jacoby Ellsbury did! It was only on Oct 30th from 2-5pm. Aunt Nancy and I attended the parade in 2004 after the Red Sox won the World Series--3M people, but not yesterday. Would like to have seen Papelbon doing the Irish step-dancing! My sisters, Mary Ann and Martha, had an awfully good time on Nantucket this past weekend--there to attend Marcia's Women's Chorus concert (19 women's voices together with Marcia as Director and Accompanist)--just wonderful!! Karen are you thinking, "Whose blog is this anyway?" as I'm rambling on! Karen your story is so funny about the candy last year that the kids couldn't get to, and Sunday's America's Funniest Home Videos of the little gumby character who has fallen and can't get up! We have candy waiting for tonight but so far only know of one neighbor with her 2 yr old son who will be coming to the house. We'll be home and ready!
 
Whoops! I said my sisters went to Nantucket, and in case you are wondering, so did I. Sometimes it pays to read between the lines.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?