Tuesday, October 30, 2007

 

Day 617 - Monday is GONE, Tuesday is BETTER!

Greetings, Twofer Tuesdayers!

One thing I know will keep me busy in retirement...

If I am anything like Charlie, I'll be having doctor and dentist appointments every other week. Charlie has had a bunch of those since he retired. Hang in there Charlie!

We went out to eat last night with TY and SY at a pub-style place named Sam Hills in Columbia. On their menu (printed before smoking in restaurants was banned) it says 'Please, no clove cigarettes'. I have never even heard of a clove cigarette - have you?

Evidently these tobacco-and-clove smokes are popular with certain people, and here is what Wikipedia has to say...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kretek

You learn something new every day! Now why THIS restaurant needed to print it on their MENU, I'm not sure. They must smell very 'clovey' and stink up the place.

Speaking of the place... Our waitress was 50 watts shy of a 60 watt bulb. Must have been the extreme weight of her teenaged braces. She overcharged us and undercharged TY and SY, and didn't have a clue about either mistake.

The restaurant was complete with an outdoor patio area - a.k.a. smoking lounge, festively decorated with year round blinking Christmas lights (need I say more?). A couple of serious rednecks were out there letting their 4 or 5 year old kids play around them as they smoked.

When we were leaving, one asked Charlie if 'he had a belt or something to run along the slats in the fence to make the kids stay put'.

What a pleasant, fatherly thing to say... Kind of like teasing the animals in their cages at the zoo...

Count your blessings, folks, and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
I HATE clove cigarettes! The smell is absolutely nauseating and they taste pretty terrible too. I've had a few friends over the years who really like them. Gross!
Halloween tomorrow! Will be interesting to see if we get any kids this year. If not, I've got an awful lot of candy to polish off myself! ;)
Do you guys get any kids there?
 
Karen, looks like everyone got blogged out yesterday(10 posts). I don't know if I've had clove cigarettes but always loved Rum Crook cigars.
I would have loved that place, Karen! I love places with christmas lights all year around and "local color" as they say.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?