Monday, October 29, 2007

 

Day 616 - Red Sox Win!

Greetings, Bloggy Monday Moaners and Groaners! Moanday again.

If Monday was Halloween, ALL the dead would rise... and have to go to work...

Congratulations to the Red Sox for sweeping the series! I was a little afraid when the Rockies scored their first run that they wouldn't be able to hold on. I think Beckett and Pedroia were my favorites in the Series.

We FINALLY went to see 'Resident Evil - Extinction' yesterday, more than a month after it opened. And yes, they left a big segue at the end for another one (or more) in the series.

If you are not already familiar with these movies - the Resident Evil movies are sci-fi zombie action movies, where a virus has turned most of the people on the planet into people-eating zombies, but a few survivors and a few 'superhumans' have not contracted it. I think they are based on a video game like the 'Lara Croft' ones are.

Most people wouldn't care for them, but I like 'em. They are quite gruesome tho. ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil:_Extinction

Last night on 'funniest home videos' they showed various little kids in over-large costumes that made them fall over.

A little baby dressed like a pumpkin was a favorite, and a little boy dressed like Gumby. The Gumby costume was very accurate, and unwieldy for the little boy. He tipped over on someone's doorstep and lay there patiently on his back until the occupant came outside to pick him up and give him his candy.

Lyn - last night I dreamed that Mom and I were watching Christopher, who was a very small baby. We were going to go to the grocery store. I was going to put him in my lap, but in my dream I chided myself that holding him in my lap was against the law, and I was going to have to put him in the carseat!

Gotta go! TTFN!

Comments:
Cute dream about Christopher, and VERY cute funniest videos! Sorry I missed those. It's a chilling 40-something degrees today. There was frost on my car for the first time. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Have a good week!
 
Yes, very cute, Karen, I like the Gumby story. You should have heard some of the stories around the dinner table last night, like Uncle Ray and his friends when they were little, thinking tampons were firecrackers and taking them outside and lighting them.
 
Hoo-wee! I TOLD you, Karen, I think it, then you DREAM it: when Christoher was a newborn, carseats were a new phenomenon. Dr. Marks informed me that I should get one. I asked "do I need one to take him on the bus?" We didn't have a car. Dr Marks said, "Well, does he EVER ride in a car?" in an exasperated tone. I got a carseat.

I was thinking about all this just the other day. Funny.
 
Marcia I love the tampon story! That's such a guy thing. Hilarious!
 
A question: who has stayed at the Inn Town in Norway and what did you think of it, Steve would like some opinions before booking a room.
He is painting the living room, it looks beautiful in a new Benjamin Moore color, a very pale green, so pale it is designated a shade of white.
Just had the ceiling done, the floor to be redone at the end of the week.

Now we want KAREN and CHARLIE to visit!!!!!!!!
 
That's the only place I DO stay at when I go. We already have rooms booked there for Thurs. night. It's not fancy at all, no extras, but it's inexpensive and clean. I like it just fine! ;)
 
...thanks Heather!
anyone else with an Inn Town review?
I just took 3 loaves of wheat bread out of my oven. Wow do they smell GREAT. Guess I got lucky cause I haven't baked bread in years. Somehow they came out just right!
 
I was thinking about Christopher just yesterday too-thinking of Eric and I riding to Maine with Christopher and his grammy and how in awe Eric was of Christopher. And aren't we all!
I'm so excited about seeing ALL OF YOU at Thanksgiving - there is a huge contingent from your group this year--Marcia/Kelley DON'T FORGET scallop casserole! Anyone else making goodies?
 
Nancy - somehow your comment got doubled so I fixed it.

Lyn - the InnTowne is no frills. It is a motel, not a hotel - heat/ac on the wall, not much space, older tvs but ok for a night or two. The best part of the room is the bathroom. The Mollyockett is much nicer, pool, etc but I don't know if you would try it again.
 
Website:

http://inntownmotelmaine.com/rooms.html
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?