Thursday, October 25, 2007

 

Day 612 - Wow! What a Game!

Holy Harvard, Batman! What an opening game of the World Series at Fenway in Boston!

We'd better put Beckett and all the 'heavy hitters' last night into the Super Hero category. They brought in so many runs we could hardly keep up with the score.

I think they set several records, let me look...

Boston set a record for runs and victory margin in an opener. They had 17 hits. They are the first club with eight doubles in a Series game since Pittsburgh in 1925. (oh yeah, as if I remember that one).

Rockies relief pitcher Ryan Speier walked three straight batters with the bases loaded - the first time that has ever happened in the World Series. Oops.

I hope the fans didn't mind the rain too much, falling into their foamy Sam Adams beer and onto their delicious Fenway Franks - they got to see quite a game.

I had turkey kielbasa with whole grain mustard for dinner, and Charlie and I both had ice cream sundaes later on.

Changing subjects to me, me, me...

I pulled something in my left shoulder blade or back last night.

I got up to use the restroom at 3am, and YAWNED while stumbling back to bed. That twisted something. A YAWN. Sheesh. It especially hurts if I reach for something.

Guess I'm getting old... (sympathy groans from the studio audience while violins play that 'Darling, I am growing older' song from old Popeye and Betty Boop cartoons).

Gotta go! I'm on my second cup of Foame' Latte! Thanks, Charlie!

Comments:
Sorry to hear about your back. Chiropracters are good for that sort of thing, but it may just go away, like a crick in the neck...
 
Awww, wounded Mamma! No more yawning for you at 3am...too dangerous! Feel better soon and have fun watching the games! xoxoxo
 
Those Rockies got off to a Rocky start (original huh).
I missed it because I was WORKING, then attended a Barry Bonds radio interview with about 450 other people, followed by dinner with two friends who are Giants fans but don't give a rip about the Red Sox or the Rockies. Tonight I have a Board meeting.
B-O-R-I-N-G.
 
PS to Lyn, from yesterday's Blog--I love Torrealba too-he's a babe! He played for the Giants (back-up catcher) for five years; we traded him to Seattle for Randy Winn in 2005. He was backup catcher when the Giants lost to the Anaheim Angels in the 2002 World Series. I remember sometimes he would be fabulous and other times awful. When Rockies played Giants he did very well, darn it.
 
Karen, Poor you! Sometimes a good gentle chiropractor can help! Please get better quickly! Gil had a sore rt calf muscle yesterday, and used an ice pack a couple of times. Today when the doctor's nurse called back she said there's not much you can do--stretches and heat! It is better today despite ice, not heat! We're all psyched for the 2nd game with the Rockies--what a game last night! We're still shocked! They do have some good hitters, and in-fielders. On another subject, I totally mispelled Rudy Guiliani's name yesterday--but however you spell it, he's cheering for the Red Sox to win the World Series! Nancy, hope you'll get back to the games soon!
 
Hi gang, my back (or shoulder) is a lot better already. It won't be a big deal. Thanks! xxx-ooo
 
I have to admit it is the babe factor with Torrealba. There I said it. (Who cares if he can catch?)
At this point, do I believe in miracles?
Well yes, I do.

Karen, you'll just have to yawn more often - "For strength and flexibility" as they say.

Now I know why they call them "bored" meetings, Nancy. I wish my job was boring for a change. Nerve racking.
How can ANYONE not care about the World Series? If your friends watched these teams, they would love them.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?