Tuesday, October 23, 2007

 

Day 610 - Twofer Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Double Troublers!

Newsflash - I went to water aerobics last night and they announced they will bring back Tuesday night water aerobics sometime in November. That is awesome.

Last night's class was fun because the Saturday morning water aerobics instructor was one of the attendees. She said I'll be the one who notices if she steals any 'moves' from the Monday night instructor. I said I wouldn't tattle on her.

Did I tell you they have an 'aqua Tai Chi' class on Monday mornings?

Charlie was working out in the pool before that class began yesterday (yes, while I was at WORK), and told me later on the telephone about a guy doing 'ballet moves or something' in the water. That would be the Tai Chi instructor. (chuckle)

Changing subjects - weather news!!

It finally rained for most of the day yesterday. That was the first real, soaking rain since I-don't-know-when. It is still raining today and the more the merrier in my opinion. My car looks clean again.

Well gang, gotta get at it! TTFN and have a nice Tuesday!

Comments:
Now we know - real men do Tai Chi. C'mon, Charlie, you were wanting to copy those moves, weren't you? They lead to peace, strength and inner control.

Steve does Tai Chi. Thank God.

Speaking of God, I saw a church sign yesterday, we took a 100 mile bike ride to enjoy the foliage. It said "You and God are a majority." That lends itself to contemplation.
 
Steve does Tai Chi? My faith in red blooded American males is shattered! Seriously, it can't hurt.

If I believed anything would lead to inner peace maybe I'd try it. I'm hoping retirement, which can't come too soon, will help.
 
Check it out, Tai Chi is awesome. It is similar to martial arts, only the movements are very slow and controlled. The state of mind is a form of meditation. It is great for balance, muscle strength and control, and for your mind/body connection.
Personally, I have only known men who do Tai Chi. Just a few. Not in pools! Hey, why not.
 
Charlie creates a lot of spin without even trying! I too had to smile at Charlie's query! And I'm surprised to hear that Steve is a patron of the tai chi arts! Lyn-100 mile bike ride--Wow! I'm sure the foliage was beautiful. The 2 maple trees in front of our house are now bare, but many trees are not. Karen, I keep thinking of the rain you are getting, and feel so happy. Look at CA--wish it would rain there! Have you heard from Kelly J.?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?