Monday, October 22, 2007

 

Day 609 - Congratulations, Red Sox!

Greetings, Bloggy Worker bees and Sox Fans!

It's Monday, and I'll bet there are a lot of sleepyheads out there!

Who stayed up to watch the Red Sox win last night, and the big celebration afterwards? I stopped watching when it was 6-2 and fell asleep. Charlie watched it all, I believe!

The Sox got two early runs, AND had the home field advantage. Cleveland just couldn't get much going. They acted like they'd given up already, in my opinion.

Congratulations, Red Sox! Win that World Series!

I dreamed last night that my mother had a laundry room in her bedroom with a 'swimsuit water extractor' machine that was big enough for towels. This is a machine they have in the health club. It is a high speed spinner that takes the water out of a swimsuit.

We were waiting for the boys (my son and his friend who were around eight or ten instead of thirty) to have their showers so we could spin up their towels. My cousin Cathy was visiting and she was going to help.

Changing subjects and changing weather - we are expecting RAIN this week and a cool down. I hope it rains so much we get sick of it. This has been an awful drought year.

Sorry gang, it's 6:09 already and I need to get ready for work! TTFN!

Comments:
Boy you sure are a bloggy girl in the morning, probably a groggy bloggy girl. Too early for me! My blog would come out "Bhjdutou, and filsjgfn, and siihyd! Half asleep.
 
She IS a bloggy girl in the morning. I'm a draggin butt girl today. No sleep in ages makes for a very cranky girl. Hope you all have a nice Monday.
 
the voice of dissent:


GO ROCKIES!!


whaddah ya gonna do, put me thru yer ringa?

Let's hear it for baseball in the snow. They'll have to paint the ball black (not red) to make it show up.
 
I watched both games but 3 hours behind the East Coast so they were over by 9 pm--your mother and I had a running phone commentary during both games. Those youngsters rock!

GO RED SOX! They will blow away the Rockies, who were barely 500 in mid-September--every team in our division including my Giants and the Rockies were awful this year. But the Rockies found some skill and energy at the end. I would cheer for them if it were anyone but my BELOVED Red Sox!

Hi, Steve!
 
Last but not least to cheer the Red Sox! I can't believe they did it again, or that Pedroia and Youkilis were hitting so well, or that Dice K pitched so well under pressure. Yes, we're sleepy but happy today! Karen, your dreams are so entertaining--and include so many of us! Glad to hear you are going to get rain. Last night's national news had Nashville with -16.plus inches of rain! "Indian summer" here at 70 degrees. A lot of leaves are on the ground, but more to come. We took a walk along a nature path along Stony Brook this afternoon and I sat on my rear unintentionally along a narrow section. Just to keep me humble, I guess!
 
Commenting on yesterday's blog, I think the dream of the 2 roads, Karen, shows that you have chosen the better path, or maybe it is a commentary on the dry weather, and you would like to see some torrential rain (but from a safe, dry distance!) It certainly is entertaining to read everyone's comments--sorry when I get behind! And Lyn, I was telling Gil just the other day about when we used to go to the Opera in Prov! I'm missing doing that with you!
 
Sorry you fell on your rear, Mom. Try not to do that again. I don't want to have to send "my people" over to rough Gil up for letting it happen. Do I?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?