Sunday, October 21, 2007

 

Day 608 - These boots were made for Dreamin'...

Greetings, Blogregation!

It's Sunday, and Charlie and I will be having breakfast and heading off to the health club. Loaded scrambled eggs with ham and homemade salsa are on the menu for breakfast.

Our tailgate party and dinner yesterday with TY and SY was super. The food was delicious (all kinds of veggies with ranch dip, a several-layer Mexican dip, followed by a trout dinner), and the company was great. Yesterday was a perfect, blue sky day around 80 degrees, and the trees are finally starting to turn here. Midweek is expected to be COOL, with highs in the 50's!

Lyn, regarding the Amish and their shoes... They don't wear shoes most of the time, and when they do, the ones I have seen look like they are store bought. Some of the women seem to wear the same shoes as the men do - clodhopper type work boots.

No, I have no interest in making shoes, though I would like to learn how to decorate leather with pictures and patterns that I see on leather handbags from Mexico. I have several Moccasins that need to be restitched in the toes, and I mentioned in another blog the shoe repair guy wants $7 per shoe to repair them. I might as well get new ones on eBay at that price.

I dreamed last night that Lyn and I were going to a concert or opera or something. It was a matinee, because I remember that it started at 1:30pm. Lyn had mailed away for her ticket with some kind of coupon, and I hadn't, so I had to go to the ticket window and try to get one at the last minute.

The guy at the ticket window swiped my credit card and typed in $3345 for ONE ticket. I protested, and he took the price down to about $1000. I was trying to figure out in my dream how much the ticket SHOULD have cost!

The only other funny thing I remember about the dream was the location of the ticket window. Instead of being under a theatre marquee sign, the ticket window was on the corner of the building under a big neon 'Subway' sign (as in Subway sandwiches).

This morning I remembered another dream I had earlier this week. There were two dirt-and-gravel roads running parallel to one another down a long hill. The one I was on was dry and firm. The other road was wet and the dirt and rocks were moving like a continuous mudslide. What do you think of that?

Gonna go cook breakfast, have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Your dreams crack me up. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! Hope today is too. Hugs! xoxo
 
Karen, what is going ON with you, girl?

Charlie, what happened to Tennessee, who I (usually) pick in my college football pool?

--GO RED SOX!!!--you know where I'll be at 5:30 pacific time!
 
Gee, Nancy, I could go on and on about what's wrong with UT. You probably don't want to bet on them any more this season!

Go cheer your Red Sox on!
 
Awwwwwww, I'll still wear my
Vol's hat!! The poor things...;)
 
All-right, here comes the sister. Karen, I think you've either been in my mind or dreaming my dreams for me. Mom and I used to go to the Opera every year...I was listening to Puccini not long ago, maybe last week, feeling so sad that I have no one to go with...

AND, since that time, I heard a radio expo on the art of making NEON signs. A rare job. Do you know that the only real neon is red or pink? Other colors such as blue are argon.
And, I ate a Subway sandwich 2 days ago for supper, cause I was too tired (lazy) to cook.
So I think the thoughts, and you have the dreams.
The other dream (about the roads and the mud) sounds like irritable bowel syndrome with constipation to me. See a doctor.
 
Charlie and I are both laughing our butts off here....
 
yeah, with irritable bowel syndrome I guess you WOULD be laughing your butts off
 
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
man, my job is some kinda nightmare. when you start having nightmares about old men attacking you, let me know what happens.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?