Saturday, October 20, 2007

 

Day 607 - Assumptions will get you every time!

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders! It's Saturday, and that's a beautiful thing.

We're going to watch football and have TY and SY over for a trout dinner. YUM-O!

A couple of things I never expected have occurred. Should I have assumed differently?

I never expected this #1:

Yesterday I got an email from a puppy with worms, complete with photo (not of the worms, of the puppy!)

Okay, okay, it was an email from one of my Team, written on behalf of the puppy, requesting personal time off to take her to the vet because she had worms. That's a first.

I never expected this #2:

I looked inside one of my beautiful, Native American inspired, always on my feet Minnetonka Moccasins only to read 'Made in China'. Heartbreak! Betrayal! Uck! Blech!

What the *&^%$$! I've been misled (or made an A** out of myself by assuming these were made in America where the Native Americans ARE).

So now do I have to worry that my Native American Minnetonka Moccasins have some kind of contamination in them from China? Is that the REAL reason my brain isn't working anymore? Sheesh.

Side note - Evidently only some styles are made in China, they have a factory in the Dominican Republic too, and I don't know where else.

Am I going to have to switch to Quoddy Moccasins from Maine? At least I know where they come from! http://www.quoddytrail.com/index.html

Well, I went to look - they don't quite have the style I wear the most from Minnetonka.

'Nuff said about that subject! Have a nice Saturday!

Comments:
Awww, I'm sorry you were betrayed by your Moccasins! Sneaky sneaky. Don't know whats on the agenda for today. Its rainy and yucky, although it's supposed to clear later on. No big plans though. Have a good weekend!
 
Do the Amish make their shoes? I wonder what shoes are made in America. I have a couple pair of European shoes (I think). I just bought a pair that is supposedly hand made by Dansko. I get 30 days to wear them - in the house - to see if I like them.

Christopher made a pair of moccasins. Guess you'de have to check 'em out. The only other person who ever made shoes was (you guessed it) ME. I made a cool pair of boots for Christopher when he was a wee lad, out of suede, thick lambswool(fake), and dark green velvet. Necessity is the mother of invention.
 
Those shoes must have been cute, Lyn.

Yeah, Karen, make your own damn shoes! Sheesh!
 
Lyn, I think you need to make ME some shoes! Those sound very cool!!!!!! Lucky boy he was...
 
Lyn, another reason you should apply for Survivor!

Karen, if you like those mocassins who cares where they're from?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?