Monday, October 15, 2007

 

Day 602 - Still on full after 92 miles...

Greetings, Bloggy Commuters (except for Charlie)!

Eeew - it's Monday. I could have gone back to sleep this morning...

I have been 92 miles since my last fillup and my gas tank still reads 'full'.

When is it ever going to start decreasing? Maybe it's like a car I used to have - the needle marking the fuel level would go way over full, so it would technically read 'full' for a long time.

That sounds pretty obsessive, doesn't it? I can't stop looking! Don't LOOK, Karen. Don't LOOK until it's LOW! A watched pot never boils!

Joe - regarding yesterday's comment about my misspelling - yes, you're right, good catch.

I didn't know how to spell 'dementia' and I didn't check it - apologies for that! By the way - how many mistakes have you found since I've been blogging? Three? ;-)

Temps will be back in the 80's today - Charlie and I both have short sleeves on today.

No Cracker Barrel tonight - I need to swim off all the food I ate Saturday and Sunday instead, and Charlie has to fast later for a cholesterol screening on Tuesday.

It's the middle of October already - the supermarkets have their Thanksgiving displays up and sweet potato prices are heading down for the holidays.

By the way - if you like sweet potato fries, Alexia makes WONDERFUL ones, sold frozen. They are also low in sodium. YUM-O!

http://www.alexiafoods.com/trade.html

We had meatball subs (with mushrooms, onions and cheddar cheese) on whole wheat rolls with a side of sweet potato fries for dinner last night. Good football-watching food!

Speaking of meatball subs - Charlie has a chip on his shoulder regarding Subway Meatball subs.

Many moons ago, we were on vacation and got meatball subs at a Subway in Florida. The meatballs kept falling out of his sub and he was very aggravated by it. We still laugh about it.

TTFN folks! Happy Monday and maybe my gas gauge will decrease today!

Comments:
I laughed out loud about your gas gauge...you're too funny. I missed the blog this weekend so I'll have to go back and catch up... Happy Monday again! errrrr.....
 
The runaway meatballs are pretty funny. I like that image of them falling out and being put back in, those pesky meatballs.
 
That is funny...poor Charlie. The battles he faces...lol.
 
I'm not going to be last today! Baking whole wheat bread this morning for the pot luck supper at tonight's W Paris Historical Society mtg. People here love their supper meetings, it seems! I'm trying to get used to all that yummy food; tsk, tsk, what a chore!
Karen, I've had Hondas for 18 yrs and the gas gauge does stay full for 50 or more miles. Plus you said you tried to pump in a couple more gallons after it was full! Keep us posted; we really want to know how many miles you can go before it leaves the full mark! And good luck to Charlie tonight and tomorrow!
 
Thinking of Charlie's test, hope I don't put him on TV eating Cheerios for 6 weeks to lower his cholesterol. Plus he might forget, given his age (ha ha)

Karen, even though you make few spelling errors, the fact you misspelled dementia is so appropos to the subject.

And to sister Peggy: Eric, at age 23, for my BIG birthday gave me a wonderful Mom CHRISTMAS card - he wasn't aware it wasn't a birthday card, and neither was I until a week or so later--talk about the apple not falling far from the tree.
 
note to joe: I work on a dementia unit. I just didn't want to make it hurt any worse for poor poor Karen. But that's just me. My sons are another story. They are lining up the jokes for Thanksgiving...!

Ok now here is a funny story along that line - maybe. Or, our neighbor is just incredibly cheap, you decide. She is in her 80's, spends the summers with either her lawyer son or her doctor son. Her lawn care crew quit because she wanted to pay them at 1970's rates, and would squabble all the time. It's a very small yard that attaches to ours. So, while she was away, Steve started cutting the grass.
Now and then, our neighbor would appear, never seem to wonder how it was that the lawn didn't need cutting.
The lady across the street told us that "Eadie" told her it simply hadn't grown.
Talk about runaway meatballs.

So, why then didn't the lady across the street set "Eadie" straight? The plot thickens.

Here too is an older woman, had surgery in JULY, lost her only brother in August. Steve helped her out at that time and mowed her lawn. Still mowing her lawn.
Now had the across the street lady told "Eadie," about Steve's good deed, she would have had to confess that she has not offered him one dime. Shame shame shame. We are talking penny pinching Yankee with a good hearted neighbor.
What I love about working with people with dementia is that they can't make a bad plan. Most everything is spontaneous. "Eadie" is in no way working anything out to screw somebody. But I kind of feel like the lady across the street has her own interests in mind. However, I am glad to know that my husband is a good neighbor to all. Or he has a thing for old ladies. HA!
 
I like that Dementia explaination Lyn...Perfect!
 
National news tonight happened to have a story about a blood test for Alzheimer's that should be available within 5 years. How timely!
I would definately get that test. I would want to know. Then find an iceberg...am I jaded?
 
I'm joining Lyn on that iceberg.

Reading the blog again is much better than watching the Red Sox losing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?