Sunday, October 14, 2007

 

Day 601 - Confessions of dying brain cells...

Greetings, Blogregation!

It's Sunday, and that means it's a good day for a confession.

Charlie and I will be leaving soon to go pick up my car at the dealership - WHICH HAD NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. What is wrong is MY BRAIN.

I told you yesterday that my gas gauge was 'stuck on full'. It wasn't.

When I looked online at my credit card bill yesterday (after the car was already in the shop with the mechanics running diagnostics on it), I had filled my car up Wednesday.

Thursday I tried to fill it again - it was already full. This is when I started worrying that it was reading full erroneously, because I DIDN'T REMEMBER FILLING MY CAR UP WITH GAS THE DAY BEFORE - THAT IS SO PITIFUL AND SAD!

My poor brain is buried in queries and work at the moment, and until I unload that stuff and catch up, I am going to be in trouble.

*Big sigh*. No harm done except to my ego, and a gentle, kind reminder from the service guy at the car dealership NOT TO OVERFILL MY GAS TANK. *&^%$#

Oh, the shame of it... As the Evil Bloggy Monster laughs with glee...

I think this confirms that when I DO get older, I am going to have severe dimentia.

Apologies in advance for all the things I'm about to forget, before I forget them!

TTFN!

Comments:
**sigh** And to think that I'm the old one.
 
You might call that "information overload." A person's mind can only deal with just so much!
The most important items take front stage, the mundane will hardly register, then something alarming such as the IDEA of a problem with the car might grasp your attention, since that mundane item failed to register.
Good thing it was only an idea.

There is a lot to be said for the phrase "be here now." Being present in the moment helps those mundane pieces of info to register.

I don't even try to rememember everything actually, because I feel it would drive me crazy. I write stuff down. Now I spend my life trying to forget. (joke)
 
Sorry to use the word, but its probably the "change", the women's change, (the dreaded perimenopause word) that made you forget. Last year or the year before (I forget) I forgot all about a chorus rehearsal at the high school one Monday night, the time had been changed and my normal routine was messed up and I completely forgot that the chorus rehearsal was supposed to start at 6 instead of seven. And that year I also forgot about a rehearsal one night with the middle school chorus. The natural progesterone that I take, if I take it regularly, seems to be making me much better. Kelly has a word for going into the next room and forgetting why you went there: we call it DESTINATIA.
 
oops, anonymous was me, I forgot to put my name in there,,,,
 
what a doodyhead
 
What's wrong with you girls? But Marcia may be right, the big M.

But wait until you are older, it gets worse. I have to move my car once a week for street cleaning and often forget where it's parked. There are other examples. I think I've called someone and I haven't. My glasses are "lost" on my head,etc. I don't know if I did something last year or 5 years ago. Destinatia I have! I have been dealing with information overload for years and forget many things that obviously aren't that important to me. I remember certain minor things for years, because as Lyn points out they are important to me. One consolation is that everyone my age has the same stories!
 
Thanks, everyone. I'd better say thanks NOW before I FORGET!!!!
 
"My gas tank is stuck on full"--reminds me of "I've fallen and I can't get up!" Don't see the similarities but that's what came to mind. I have a better (or worse) story. I bought a birthday card for Gil, and when I went to sign it I noticed it was an anniversary card! The verse was so nice, something about stars! Good grief! I had to go back and buy him a birthday card! His reaction was similar to Charlie's, when I gave him both cards yesterday for his birthday! Guess it must be in your genes, Karen! Sorry about that!
 
Am I the only one that noticed that you misspelled "dimentia"? Wheee.
 
This was a good one...figures I missed it yesterday. Forgot to check the computer...;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?